NTDLL.DLL crashing video programs

OsaX Nymloth

Reputable
Feb 28, 2015
So yeah, this maybe an issue with my system, but so far I can't really find the issue.

I'm using PotPlayer for my everyday video playback, never had problem with it. Recently tho the app crashes everytime a new file is supposed to start. Or if I disable multiple instances of PotPlayer and then play a video it plays fine until I double click (in folder or in the playlist) another file, then it crashes. So basically, I have to close the program before playing another file, which is a bit annoying.

Uninstalled, cleared all the leftover files and registry keys, installed a new. Nothing. Switched to 32-bit version, no avail. Installed different program, KMP, the same thing. Errors in the system log are always the same and point to that ntdll.dll file:
mhrBJwu.png

qNCbW9w.png

Been trying to find the issue for few weeks already, searched Google left and right and so far I couldn't fix that. Tried most of the basic things, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Mikael Hansen

Reputable
Mar 31, 2015
faults related to ntdll.dll is in most cases because of your current video card driver.
Try reinstalling your video card driver to see if it fixes it. Worked for me a couple of times :)

OsaX Nymloth

Reputable
Feb 28, 2015
Made clear install of Nvidia newest drivers, issue still here :(

edit.
I think I have the sinner in here. It's gaming app Raptr that I used to track my playtime. Got a sniff about it today, just checked: closed Raptr and played bunch of files. Not a single error in sight. Need a bit more time to confirm it 100%, but it looks like that app was the problem.