NTLDR error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somthingsick909

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
Ok so I recently upgraded to windows 10 about a day ago and havent had any problems. Today I decided to change my powersupply to the new one I just bought. The powersupply wasnt working properly at first doing things like only one cpu fan turns on and the cpufan light doesnt turn on. I wanted to test to make sure everything was working fine before I close up my system so I did a test with everything plugged in including harddrives. When i turn the pc on I am not getting a message saying "NTLDR is missing". I read its something about the boot drive but I dont know how to solve the problem. I removed that powersupply and plugged in my old one that works perfectly fine and still get the message obviously. Could this be because of upgrading to windows 10 or maybe because started up the computer without a harddrive plugged in or maybe the powersupply somehow messed up my harddrive. Please any help thanks.

Solution
Well it may be a corruption of your hard drive, and some of the files stored on it.

NTLDR is one of the files that is used for the booting of windows and the loader.
From Disk cd/dvd.

If you used a disk in the Dvd drive to install windows 10 ect, or used a USB pen drive make sure you have took the disk out, and the USB pen drive and it is not left in a USB port when booting the system.

Also go into your bios and make sure in the boot order list of boot able device that the hard drive you installed windows 10 to is set to number 1 in the boot priority list.
Save the settings before you exit the bios and see if windows boots.

Other than that you have some sort of corruption of the Hard drive in question or the files on it like i...
Well it may be a corruption of your hard drive, and some of the files stored on it.

NTLDR is one of the files that is used for the booting of windows and the loader.
From Disk cd/dvd.

If you used a disk in the Dvd drive to install windows 10 ect, or used a USB pen drive make sure you have took the disk out, and the USB pen drive and it is not left in a USB port when booting the system.

Also go into your bios and make sure in the boot order list of boot able device that the hard drive you installed windows 10 to is set to number 1 in the boot priority list.
Save the settings before you exit the bios and see if windows boots.

Other than that you have some sort of corruption of the Hard drive in question or the files on it like i said.

Report back see if the first solution solved the error.

Solution

Somthingsick909

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

Yeah so I have 2 hard drives one ssd one mechanical and the ssd is my boot drive the one that has windows10 on it and the one i boot off of. Well after trying a bunch of things I tried to boot off the mechanical hard drive just to test and it worked its "booting" off the mechanical drive but the mechanical drive doesnt have anything but a few vids and photos. It doesnt make any sense to me but I just set the mechanical as the #1 bootdrive because i mean maybe something went wrong but the ssd is the one with windows so it has to running off of that but just saying the mechanical drive. I dont know but thats what happened maybe you know why this could be happening also thanks for the help.

I would check that the right interface mode for your SSD drive is set right in the bios.

You should have as modes to select Sata mode, And Ahci mode.
If the mode is set to Sata in the bios Try setting it to AHCI mode.
Set the ssd drive to first in the boot order list of the bios.
Save the settings in the bios, and see if the SSD drive is detected and boots windows 10 installed on it.

Somthingsick909

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

So I checked and its already set to ACHI mode I rechecked it on ACHI mode set it as boot and reset and still getting the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.