[SOLVED] ntoskrnl.exe+3f7dd0 (plus) Shut Down - Help needed please!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 10, 2022
Greetings,

I have been chasing a regular restart on my desktop for a while now and am running out of ideas. I would greatly appreciate ANY help.

It occurs when I am not at the computer. I suspected iDrive backup but removed it. It has been an IRQL or DRIVER_IRQL but this latest time (after I did some more tweaks) the Bug Check String is blank. It WAS consistently ntoskrnl.exe+3f7dd0, but now it is happening every day and I am seeing:

DRIVER_IROL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core processor
Radeon Pro WX 4100 video card

I have run:

- SFC /SCANNOW (No issues)
-DISM /Online /Cleanup Image / Restorehealth (No issues)
  • Memory test (No issues)
  • Ran a clean install of video card to eliminate NDVIDA drivers
  • Uninstalled Ableton Live 11
  • I ran the freebee version of RESTORO. The majority of the issues have been with idriveservice and Microsoft-windows-defrag.
Link to OneDrive folder with dump and system file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgH9F0Y2dii12GC8xcPN6o7sBdS2?e=EdPJg4

Again, any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance!

Note: I do not use this computer daily.

David

Addendum: I reran SFC /SCANNOW and came up with some files that were corrupted. These were repaired.

Last edited:
Solution
John probably won't see your reply, as he comes and goes. I see what I can find - I don't know them as well as he does.
Conversion of dumps

report - Click run as fiddle to see report

File: MEMORY 22-Sep-22.DMP (Sep 23 2022 - 13:10:24)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 9 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 23 Sec(s)

You seem to be lacking drivers - I have same motherboard so i can tell.
try updating chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570
could update bios, only 9 behind - https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-WIFI-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios - I only updated to latest...
Jul 10, 2022
Colif,

It restarted twice before I left with only one stick of memory. I got back last night, put it in safe mode with network and as I was starting to type (I got as far as the C) it locked up. After a few minutes it gave me a DPC watchdog violation. My question was going to be would memory issues show up while in safe mode. I may have answered that question. Will upload the mini-dump as before.

Thank you!

David

Jul 10, 2022
Colif,

Not sure if you are still monitoring this. Still having issues. WinDbg is pointing to Windows files. Uploaded the mini dumps. Do I need to reinstall Windows again? I tested the single stick of memory and it passed. I was using the driver Verifier to try to determine problem drivers but it just started restarting constantly. Not sure what to do next. I would buy new memory if I thought that was it.

Latest posts