[SOLVED] ntoskrnl.exe and win32kfull.sys causing BSOD (dump file and whocrashed analysis available)

streetlovin

Prominent
Sep 17, 2020
Hi all,

I really hope you can help. I have been getting A LOT of BSOD. I am unable to turn on my PC in regular mode long enough to get memory dump. I then was able to turn it on in safe mode and obtain the latest 4 dump files and run it on whocrashed.

Whocrashed link > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nb13EBjeB4qXn5B3ViM1tyCmrGCt6H77/view?usp=sharing

4 latest Dumps > https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yquLBqE3UawizD0gThoU2X90Pus9wXvA/view?usp=sharing

FYI - you probably know this already but whocrashed link has to be downloaded cos HTML don't open very well in preview for some stupid reason lol

Note. All of this BSOD happens on a fresh clean PC with brand new Windows 10 that I just downloaded from Microsoft website. I haven't installed anything other than Whocrashed software. And I installed whocrashed after many bsod. I couldn't even run windows update because PC won't stay on long enough in regular mode, and there's a limit to what I can do in safe mode.

I tried booting the PC with one ram stick at a time. BSOD again.

I ran MEMTEST 20 times - no errors. ZERO.

I ran disk check, verifier, sfc scannow, disk store health check 50 times + No errors.

I am very stuck here.

Please save me.

Below is my pc info:

Computer name: DESKTOP-SAM26K6
Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., TUF B450-PLUS GAMING
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 8664, level: 23
12 logical processors, active mask: 4095
RAM: 17111646208 bytes (15.9GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX
GPU: Nvidia RTX2060

Thanksss

Last edited:
Solution
The PC is freshly reinstalled. I can only run it in safe mode without getting BSOD. It was getting BSOD during installation of Windows 10.

its not going to work well if you got bsod during install
I can't read dumps but gardenman will convert them

try updating bios, you can do that from inside BIOS on Asus boards. I don't know what version you are on but if you haven't updated recently its likely there is a new version , its only 10 days old.

Colif

Win 11 Master
On Tue 30/03/2021 10:21:38 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\033021-27609-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5210)
Bugcheck code: 0x192 (0xFFFFE60D49DAD040, 0xFFFFA505B03C06F0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a lock tracked by AutoBoost was acquired while executing at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 30/03/2021 10:21:38 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!memset+0xA95D)
Bugcheck code: 0x192 (0xFFFFE60D49DAD040, 0xFFFFA505B03C06F0, 0x0, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that a lock tracked by AutoBoost was acquired while executing at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 30/03/2021 10:19:05 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\033021-34250-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1 (0x7FF8077E8594, 0x0, 0xFFFF, 0xFFFFAF8875B33B80)
Error: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
Bug check description: This indicates that there has been a mismatch in the APC state index.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Mon 29/03/2021 18:42:26 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\032921-18453-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (0xFFFFF35CF8182C62)
Bugcheck code: 0x1 (0xFFFFF35CF8182C62, 0x0, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
Error: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys
description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that there has been a mismatch in the APC state index.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 29/03/2021 19:15:08 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\032921-17703-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x192 (0xFFFF820A58E44040, 0xFFFF820A58BBA370, 0x0, 0x0)

copied from whocrashed report
dumps are still more useful as whocrashed always blames the victim, ntoskrnl or win32kful.sys are the victims. Dumps will show drivers running at time.

Those aren't regular BSOD.

try updating bios, there is a new one dated March 19
Update this chipset driver before updating bios - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

Do you have a WIFI usb adapter?

streetlovin

Prominent
Sep 17, 2020
Hi, welcome to the forums.

The link to the dump files doesn't work. It's asking for a sign-in. Be sure the files are publicly available to anyone and repost the link. The previus post was 6 months ago and the issue got fixed for a few days with no BSOD but then I stopped using my PC cos I was isolating else where. I am back at home now hence the problem starts again. I have updated all drivers and reset PC from scratch as explained the original mail. The dumps are from restarting my PC.

Previous post: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/amdppm-sys-and-irql_not_less_or_equal-causing-bsod.3646605/

I have updated the links and have made both links accessible by anyone. Apologies. If go to the original post it should let you view.

copied from whocrashed report
dumps are still more useful as whocrashed always blames the victim, ntoskrnl or win32kful.sys are the victims. Dumps will show drivers running at time.

Those aren't regular BSOD.

try updating bios, there is a new one dated March 19
Update this chipset driver before updating bios - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

Do you have a WIFI usb adapter?

Hi Colif,

I have updated the links and have made both links accessible by anyone. Apologies. If go to the original post it should let you view.

I also posted on Microsoft website, see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...sod-dump/f75c71c4-ccc1-4b08-8b0a-8a030838a516

Update so far:

The PC is freshly reinstalled. I can only run it in safe mode without getting BSOD. It was getting BSOD during installation of Windows 10.

I tried to update windows in regular mode (wasn't able to do this), but I couldn't have the PC stay on in regular mode long enough to even download chipset or install any driver update....and safe mode doens't let me do anything really.

I don't have WIFI usb adapter, my PC does have wifi adapter built in(tp link) as well as ethernet though.

Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master

try updating bios, you can do that from inside BIOS on Asus boards. I don't know what version you are on but if you haven't updated recently its likely there is a new version , its only 10 days old.

Solution

streetlovin

Prominent
Sep 17, 2020

Thanks - I am now updating BIOS. It turns out there's been 5 updates of BIOS since I first had the PC. My current version is 2002 and there's been 5 updates since. I am updating the latest one that you linked now. Really hope this is the reason it's been playing up.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i assume you mean 2202 as at least your bios knew what your CPU is.

its hard to tell. if it was a continuation of the amdppm errors from last year it could be

you probably want to reinstall win 10 again since it doesn't work now.
try installing without internet attached, remove WIFI antennae so it can't use it either. Just in case bsod caused by internet drivers.

streetlovin

Prominent
Sep 17, 2020
i assume you mean 2202 as at least your bios knew what your CPU is.

its hard to tell. if it was a continuation of the amdppm errors from last year it could be

you probably want to reinstall win 10 again since it doesn't work now.
try installing without internet attached, remove WIFI antennae so it can't use it either. Just in case bsod caused by internet drivers.

Yes, I meant 2202. I have now updated BIOS and able to turn on the PC in regular mode for over 30 mins now. I have succesfully updated chipset, gpu driver and now trying to run all windows updates. I am using the PC as I would normally and there's been no issue so far. Just a bit slow but thats' cos I stupid reinstalled windows on HDD instead of SSD..

I will keep PC running and make it play youtube or something over night to be active. and see if I get BSOD at all...Speaking of that, I did get amdppm error on sunday but I couldn't get memory dump from that... so yes this could be continous issue from last year.

If BIOS is the issue all along, very strange. Because as of Sep last year it'd have ben considered the latest BIOS...maybe it was a bad version of bios and i should have rolled back at that point...

Thanks for your help so far, really really appreciate it. :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
run this and check windows out since you did have bsod during installation:
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

amdppm is part of windows that talks to the CPU, so having newer bios might make the communication better

Did you want win 10 on ssd? If you have bsod during the install, I would start again. Only have ssd in PC when you reinstall so windows has no choice

gardenman

Splendid
These may be a little late. But if you're crashing during the install, the issue is likely hardware.

I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/74fLurxc/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:033021-34250-01.dmp (Mar 30 2021 - 05:19:05)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: MicrosoftEdgeUpdate.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 15 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

File information:033021-27609-01.dmp (Mar 30 2021 - 05:21:38)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 03 Sec(s)

File information:032921-18453-01.dmp (Mar 29 2021 - 13:42:26)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: HxA)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 52 Sec(s)

File information:032921-17703-01.dmp (Mar 29 2021 - 14:15:08)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: streetlovin

Colif

Win 11 Master
They all look like lan driver errors

I don't see WIFI drivers on motherboard website
I see them on your PC, and it seems unlikely you have TP Link built onto motherboard
Oct 18 2018rtwlane01.sysRealtek PCI-E Wireless LAN driver https://www.realtek.com/en/
As well as LAN drivers
May 24 2019rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver https://www.realtek.com/en/

I can offer newer lan drivers but i need to know what wifi it is, as some don't have newer drivers
https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

streetlovin

Prominent
Sep 17, 2020
run this and check windows out since you did have bsod during installation:
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

amdppm is part of windows that talks to the CPU, so having newer bios might make the communication better

Did you want win 10 on ssd? If you have bsod during the install, I would start again. Only have ssd in PC when you reinstall so windows has no choice

I have run both scannow and restore health. I did have bsod during installing windows. since i updated bios i hadn't had another bsod. Is cloning it to SSD easier?

streetlovin

Prominent
Sep 17, 2020
They all look like lan driver errors

I don't see WIFI drivers on motherboard website
I see them on your PC, and it seems unlikely you have TP Link built onto motherboard
Oct 18 2018rtwlane01.sysRealtek PCI-E Wireless LAN driver https://www.realtek.com/en/
As well as LAN drivers
May 24 2019rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver https://www.realtek.com/en/

I can offer newer lan drivers but i need to know what wifi it is, as some don't have newer drivers
https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

Yes, I have TP Link built into my mobo. Okay, I think this is where my technical knowledge ends. How do I get you the information you need? You are right I have both of those

I looked on my TP link hardware and it says TL-WN881ND Ver 2.

Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
okay, its attached to motherboard but its not part of.

SO i didn't notice it was V2 at first and was confused by the drivers installed. V1 has a Atheros chipset, V2 is realtek
Realtek RTL8192EE
So the drivers installed are somehow newer than the latest ones made by Realtek themselves - 26th June 2017 - https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8192ee-software
also newer than the ones from TP Link as well - 7th Feb 2018 - https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/download/tl-wn881nd/#Driver
which sure makes me wonder

see how you go, if you don't get any more bsod it might be fine. Could have been the bios was causing it.

streetlovin

Prominent
Sep 17, 2020
okay, its attached to motherboard but its not part of.

SO i didn't notice it was V2 at first and was confused by the drivers installed. V1 has a Atheros chipset, V2 is realtek
Realtek RTL8192EE
So the drivers installed are somehow newer than the latest ones made by Realtek themselves - 26th June 2017 - https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8192ee-software
also newer than the ones from TP Link as well - 7th Feb 2018 - https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/download/tl-wn881nd/#Driver
which sure makes me wonder

see how you go, if you don't get any more bsod it might be fine. Could have been the bios was causing it.

Thank so far i havent got any bsod in over 2 hours and ive been able to use the pc in regular mode and no issue at all. :)

I will update tomorrow after leaving my pc on over night.

Thanks a lot

streetlovin

Prominent
Sep 17, 2020
Quick update - my PC has been on in regular mode with no issue, no bsod, no kind of error message for the past 12 hours. I think it is pretty much fixed. Thanks a lot evryone, really appreciate all your help.

Reactions: gardenman