I keep getting file missing or corrupt message on startup. My pc eventually
starts after several attempts. I have used recovery console to replace the
file three times but without success and I have checked the boot.ini file and
this seems okay. Any suggestions please before I completely crash and have to
start again.

If the file is constantly being currupted its likely a virus is
infecting it, make sure you have updated virus definitions for your
virus scanning software. And be sure you have backups of your important
data before you lose it.

I am running AVG (free issue) and constanly update it. I run a complete check
at least once a week and yes I have backed up the important bits could it be
a virus that avg is not detecting.

"Gunther" wrote:

> If the file is constantly being currupted its likely a virus is
> infecting it, make sure you have updated virus definitions for your
> virus scanning software. And be sure you have backups of your important
> data before you lose it.

Try a trial version of panda antivirus.