NTVDM encountered a hard error

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hi everyone,

I'm currently have a few issues with one my clients (40 users) and their
terminal server. Everything runs fine, except for 1 application. They're
running Sol6 (an accounting package I believe), and certain users (who have
the same security access as 80% of the other users) are getting the
following error when trying to load Sol6:
"NTVDM encountered a hard error"

I've been ripping my hair out trying to work out why this is happening.
I've done some testing, and have found that when making one of the affected
users an Administrator or Domain Admin, the error goes away. Obviously,
this is definately not the solution to take.

Anyone have any ideas?

Environment: Windows Svr 2003 TS. PDC - Small Business Server 2000.

Thanks for your time,

Kevin

Leandro

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?)

Hi Kevin

I´ve this problem in my implementation. To resolve i change in Environment
key, the HOMEDRIVE parameter, for all users, using one script.