'Nuka-World' Is The Final DLC For 'Fallout 4'

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
I can't wrap my head around DLC its content that really should have been included. Come on add-on's for building your settlement extra story line content Who do they think there kidding. They didn't just randomly think this stuff up. Then if you want all of it. All you have to do is pay 49.99. Basically the cost of Fallout 4 complete was 109.98. Think about it logically all companies have done is raised the price of video games by almost double and broken them into chunks calling the smaller chunks DLC.

JakeWearingKhakis

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
I couldn't agree more. Far Harbor and Nuka World are the only ones I see as "Expansion Packs." If you break the prices down it was 60 for the game and 70 for all the extra content. $130.00... DLC has become a nightmare. You're telling me that those DLC's are worth more than the game itself? Most of them are in the same category as player made mods.

I miss the old days where expansion packs were created after the success of a game was realized, instead of before the game was released. Patches/updates used to be part of the game purchase.

Bartendalot

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
I have a feeling FO4 would have been made much better received if they had split in two parts instead of 6. Charge $60 for the game then $30 for a big DLC.

The way it was released, I got bored about halfway through and dropped the game. Now I have doubts about the once infallible Bethesda when it comes to releasing quality.

G

If you wait a year, you'll probably get the GOTY edition with everything for $40.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014

That argument might make sense for some games, but Fallout 4 shipped with an enormous amount of content in the initial release. I don't think it's that unreasonable to ask for money for the expansions. Perhaps the DLC is a bit underwhelming and overpriced. But you can't argue that Falllout 4 wasn't a complete game when shipped or that it represented a poor value for the price.

I certainly agree that so far, Fallout 4's DLC content has been really lack luster. I haven't played Far Harbor yet, but I did play through Automatron and play with the other minor DLC content. All of that added up to what I would expect from like a $2.99 DLC pack. It was a few hours of extra stuff, but nothing special.

Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 3 and far more extensive DLC content that added a great deal more to the game. Old World Blues had so much content it was like playing an entirely different Fallout game, as did Point Lookout for fallout 3. That was just one DLC pack for each, and maybe Cold Harbor is on par with those, but each of those games had three other major DLC packs too. I bought a season pass for $29.99, and unless they have something else coming maybe next year, then I'm going to be extremely displeased. Probably will be the last time I buy a new Fallout game. Instead, I'll just wait and buy it heavily discounted.

jerrspud

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009

thank you for being to lone voice of reason

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

i can make a compelling argument that the engine, Gamebryo, has been stretched as far as it absolutely can be, and fallout 4 broke the engine so bad that nothing can play the game well... and i will continue to call the engine Gamebryo despite whatever bethesda calls it because it has all the quirks that came with morrowind sill in it when it comes to modding, then you add gameworks that cripples amd hardware due to a stupid amount of tessellation...

content wise... the game is kind of meh... I got it and the season pass because i wanted a game where i could make my own guns, weapons, and armor... and low and behold it comes down to the modding community because bethesda cant put in new gun types or expand existing ones. honestly feel more than a bit a bit ripped off.

With all bethedsa games i have to say quality hours playing the game, instead of total hours, and really, i have less then 2 hours from this game i will remember in the coming years, value wise, this game was absolutely horrible.

Random_6

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
Story Content is what was expected...and less than 25% of the DLC has any story contribution...the cash grab regarding the DLC is purely disgusting IMO; At the original pricepoint, it was not nearly as much of a slap in the face as it was after doubling the charge for incredibly underwhelming content...

In addition, the completely unprofessional manner of the promises made regarding Mod Support for consoles prior to release is infuriating...the limitations and outright failure of the Mod capability is far more on Bethesda than it is on Microsoft or Sony; reTodd Howard shouldn't be writing checks with his mouth he can't adequately cash with his delivered product...and he fed the hype to swindle Fallout fans and the company rushed to cash in on that

Comparatively, New Vegas/Fallout 3 were substantially more engrossing, deeper story-based narratives...the decisions and repercussions of them felt much better developed and intricate to the lure of the titles...FO4 was far too gimmicky and less thoughtful, which is truly sad because the potential was there it was just watered-down by the overhype and the focus on truly lackluster features

DLC content could truly have salvaged my opinion of the title...instead, it solidified that Bethesda cares more about profit margins than it does about delivering quality product to its most loyal fans

Status
Not open for further replies.