Question Numark mixtrack pro I

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016
problem with my Numark mixtrack pro, when plugged into a rear USB 2.0 port it forces the PC to hang at POST. Other similar midi devices do not have this issue and it is fine in other USB ports (Front and rear) I changed 'legacy USB'. settings in BIOS and the issue remained. Once into windows the device is detected however it doesn't seem that the midi information is sent/recieved (Input not detected in Midi-Ox OR Mixxx's 'Midi-Learning Wizard') All the LED's light up briefly then only the play/pause buttons remain lit. Inside any DJ software the device will be detected however will not work at all. I have made sure to disable the mixtrack as a sound device, reinstalled drivers, tested on different PC's. updated BIOS etc. I saw that other people had this issue but can't find a resolution. I opened it up to check for any loose connections. I checked everything that was easily accessible and all ribbon cables/capacitors seem to be intact. It was always a pain to get working but usually after a few restarts/driver re installations it would work fine. Any suggestions appreciated.

RackMultipart20150731-11198-1f2rbzv-image_inline.jpg

cpu: AMD FX 6300
4GB Vengeance ram
Windows 10 64bit

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016
Do other devices work in that port with the issue? I would just use it in another port if it does not work in only one. It is likely a short happening between the contacts in that port. Since you have other ports you can use that do work, just let it be.

The Numark is the only device that makes the PC hang in that specific port. The main issue is that, despite working to the point of LEDs lighting up, the Numark is not fully functional in any port or on any computer. It is detected, drivers (class-compliant) are installed, it just doesn't want to work as an input device. I took it to bits and everything easily accessible seems to be fine, ribbon cables all in tact, no obviously damaged components. I'm almost certain that if it is a hardware fault it is on one of the circuit boards rather than with any contacts or connector.

The Numark is the only device that makes the PC hang in that specific port. The main issue is that, despite working to the point of LEDs lighting up, the Numark is not fully functional in any port or on any computer. It is detected, drivers (class-compliant) are installed, it just doesn't want to work as an input device. I took it to bits and everything easily accessible seems to be fine, ribbon cables all in tact, no obviously damaged components. I'm almost certain that if it is a hardware fault it is on one of the circuit boards rather than with any contacts or connector.

You said that it did work fine in other ports "and it is fine in other USB ports (Front and rear) "

You tested this one on another computer?

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016
You said that it did work fine in other ports "and it is fine in other USB ports (Front and rear) "

You tested this one on another computer?

I also said
''Once into windows the device is detected however it doesn't seem that the midi information is sent/recieved (Input not detected in Midi-Ox OR Mixxx's 'Midi-Learning Wizard') All the LED's light up briefly then only the play/pause buttons remain lit. Inside any DJ software the device will be detected however will not work at all. I have made sure to disable the mixtrack as a sound device, reinstalled drivers, tested on different PC's. updated BIOS etc.''

By 'fine' I meant that the computer will actually boot with the device in a different port. This is why I elaborated on what was the main issue further down... As stated in both of my previous posts I have tested on different computers.

I also said
''Once into windows the device is detected however it doesn't seem that the midi information is sent/recieved (Input not detected in Midi-Ox OR Mixxx's 'Midi-Learning Wizard') All the LED's light up briefly then only the play/pause buttons remain lit. Inside any DJ software the device will be detected however will not work at all. I have made sure to disable the mixtrack as a sound device, reinstalled drivers, tested on different PC's. updated BIOS etc.''

By 'fine' I meant that the computer will actually boot with the device in a different port. This is why I elaborated on what was the main issue further down... As stated in both of my previous posts I have tested on different computers.

If it's not working on several computers, then issue is with the Numark which means contacting their support. Tried another USB cable also?

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016
If it's not working on several computers, then issue is with the Numark which means contacting their support. Tried another USB cable also?

I always had issues getting it working anyway, the driver they use and the way it is detected in windows is not the most efficient (Detected as a sound device which you have to either disable in sound devices or devmgmt). I have posted a topic on their forum however the device i have is very old and was given as a gift so no warranty or anything. Yes tried various cables. Thanks for your response.