Number keys are not working on my ASUS Chromebook flipbook. the numbers one, two, three four, seven, eight, nine and zero to n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2018
Only the number keys 5 and 6 are working on my ASus Chromebook flip book number row.
all of the other number keys do not work.
I had just replaced a damaged power port before they stopped working.
Everything else is working fine...I am not sure how/if this is related.

could this be software related somehow?

How can I fix this?

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Also, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Aug 6, 2018
FYI, just so that anyone else may be having this problem. (I used to be a PC Tech many years ago before I retired....I could take and only PC apart and put back together blind folded....but never worked on a notebook before).

Original problem was a bad power port. I open up the C100P notebook and replaced the port. When I put it back together again the 1 2 3 4 7 8 9 and 0 keys did not work.

Thinking I must have done something to a ribbon cable...opened it up again. Couldn't visually see any issues. Put it back together again and now in addition to previous keys not working, the a s d f j kl and ; keys did not work.

Opened her up again and reseated all cables as best I could an closed up again. Letter keys were now working, but the number keys still did not work. Frustrated, and since I had an external usb number pad, decided to just live with it.

I put all the screws back in and sealed it up. Now everything works properly, including the numeric keys....go figure??

Status
Not open for further replies.