How many fonts can I load into Windows XP and still have it run okay? Just
got a new computer with XP, had ME before and could only keep about 600-700
installed at any one time. I do word processing in several languages, and
need fonts for various alphabets other than English.

"Laneybelle" <Laneybelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How many fonts can I load into Windows XP and still have it run okay?

Depends on the RAM configuration. You could get a font manager to have
the fonts available that you need while not having to load all of
them.

--
(tm)

Byte

MyFonts Font Manager for Windows®
http://www.mytools.com/myfonts.html

"Laneybelle" wrote:

> How many fonts can I load into Windows XP and still have it run okay? Just
> got a new computer with XP, had ME before and could only keep about 600-700
> installed at any one time. I do word processing in several languages, and
> need fonts for various alphabets other than English.

Where do I get a font manager? Is it a software program I have to buy, and
is there one you'd recommend?

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> "Laneybelle" <Laneybelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >How many fonts can I load into Windows XP and still have it run okay?
>
> Depends on the RAM configuration. You could get a font manager to have
> the fonts available that you need while not having to load all of
> them.
>
> --
> (tm)

"Laneybelle" <Laneybelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Where do I get a font manager? Is it a software program I have to buy, and
>is there one you'd recommend?

You may find such software on shareware pages like
http://www.tucows.com/, http://www.simtel.net/simtel.net/. I can not
recommend any program, because I do not use this kind of tools.

--
(tm)