Numerous blue screen error messages

Everything was fine til a couple of weeks ago. Was playing WOW and it started
crashing. Then computer started restarting on its own. Warcraft error code
was "invalid access to memory, can't write to memory). At that time one of
the messages I was getting was "driver irql not less or equal". Reformatted
hard drive and reinstalled Windows, updated Windows and now get all sort of
errors. I tend to think the video card (Radeon Sapphire 9200SE) went bad but
I have no idea. I have gotten the following codes (probably more as I didn't
start writing them down right away): driver irql not less or equal, irql not
less or equal, kernel date inpage error, can't load hive file, page fault in
nonpaged area, access violation at 0X7C91084B-tried to write to 0X0003OFFC,
pfn list corrupt, registry file missing-recovered from log, thread stuck in
device driver. A specific hardware device hasn't been listed but the files
ntfs.sys and win32k.sys were listed as having problems.

Next step is to replace video card to see if thats the problem...or just
trash the system and get another one.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Craig

I have had that/seen that.
It's usually Bad RAM, sometimes a bad Motherboard...I just put a new CPU in
a Celery 2.7Ghz system today because the onboard cache RAM failed.
1) try a 'known good' stick of RAM...if you have 2 in your system, remove 1
and see if it helps...if not swap them.
2) if that doesn't work, in BIOS disable onboard (L1-L2) cache.
Any luck?

--
For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!
"craigschroeder" <craigschroeder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everything was fine til a couple of weeks ago. Was playing WOW and it
> started
> crashing. Then computer started restarting on its own. Warcraft error code
> was "invalid access to memory, can't write to memory). At that time one of
> the messages I was getting was "driver irql not less or equal".
> Reformatted
> hard drive and reinstalled Windows, updated Windows and now get all sort
> of
> errors. I tend to think the video card (Radeon Sapphire 9200SE) went bad
> but
> I have no idea. I have gotten the following codes (probably more as I
> didn't
> start writing them down right away): driver irql not less or equal, irql
> not
> less or equal, kernel date inpage error, can't load hive file, page fault
> in
> nonpaged area, access violation at 0X7C91084B-tried to write to
> 0X0003OFFC,
> pfn list corrupt, registry file missing-recovered from log, thread stuck
> in
> device driver. A specific hardware device hasn't been listed but the files
> ntfs.sys and win32k.sys were listed as having problems.
>
> Next step is to replace video card to see if thats the problem...or just
> trash the system and get another one.
>
> Anyone have any idea what's going on?
> Craig

Actually its a software problem,1st,open windows,locate mini-dump folder,
open and delete all files.Think its a SP2 issue,who really knows,try
diffrent ati
drivers,for more info go
to:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ddtools/BCCodes_e1451c63-6del-40a...

"craigschroeder" wrote:

> Everything was fine til a couple of weeks ago. Was playing WOW and it started
> crashing. Then computer started restarting on its own. Warcraft error code
> was "invalid access to memory, can't write to memory). At that time one of
> the messages I was getting was "driver irql not less or equal". Reformatted
> hard drive and reinstalled Windows, updated Windows and now get all sort of
> errors. I tend to think the video card (Radeon Sapphire 9200SE) went bad but
> I have no idea. I have gotten the following codes (probably more as I didn't
> start writing them down right away): driver irql not less or equal, irql not
> less or equal, kernel date inpage error, can't load hive file, page fault in
> nonpaged area, access violation at 0X7C91084B-tried to write to 0X0003OFFC,
> pfn list corrupt, registry file missing-recovered from log, thread stuck in
> device driver. A specific hardware device hasn't been listed but the files
> ntfs.sys and win32k.sys were listed as having problems.
>
> Next step is to replace video card to see if thats the problem...or just
> trash the system and get another one.
>
> Anyone have any idea what's going on?
> Craig

I had this same problem about a year ago. I was getting the same error
messages you are. I came here a posted the problem and a lot of very
knowledgably and extremely helpful people gave me a lot of great advice.
Unfortunately, none of it worked. I was first told to change memory, then
video card, and then drivers and on and on.

It ended up being an overheating problem. I had finally given up and took
into a shop, and was very embarrassed when the tech said the heatsink was
clogged with dust. He also said the fan was not turning at a high enough RPM.
He cleaned the heatsink and replaced the fan and it was fixed.

So, before you trash your system, or start buying parts, checks to make sure
you’re not overheating. It may be that you have a different problem, but
check that first if you haven’t already.

Jack