Numerous BSODs after faulty GPU and upgrade

rowettfly

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Hello everyone,

So a month ago I was having numerous BSOD everyday and then a restart BSOD loop leading up to the death of my old graphics card which was a GTX 560. I then upgraded to a GTX 1050Ti superclocked and did a fresh install of my windows 10 OS, due to previous problems I was having with missing driver files. Everything was fine for a day or two and then the BSODs returned, most commonly whilst playing games (Battlegrounds and Rainbow Six Siege), but also they did occur during random computer use such as youtube or word documents. The error messages I get are FAULTY HARDWARE CORRUPTED PAGE, SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (most commonly) and then once each KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE and QUOTA UNDERFLOW. Having merely upgraded the GPU I feel like all of this must be linked to one issue and not multiple but I can't see what, I have checked the ram and psu as well as downclocked the gpu to check if it was too powerful but it should be compatible with all my other parts which are only 2 years old. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance

rowettfly

Prominent
May 9, 2017

I am running AMD FX6300 CPU, Gigabyte 970A-UD3P mobo and a EVGA 500W PSU. I tested the PSU by checking voltage and stuff, but yeah I need proper equipment to really check, was only able to look in bios stuff. Sadly I'm not great with hardware

rowettfly

Prominent
May 9, 2017

I am going to stress test my PSU tomorrow and might end up buying a new one, so will let you know how that goes. What do you mean by BSOD code though? As in the error code in the events?

rowettfly

Prominent
May 9, 2017

I just ran some more tests on the various components today and used memtest to check the RAM, for some reason it hadn't picked up previously but one of my sticks had 28 errors and was completely dead. So seeing as RAM is usually the go to faulty component on BSODs I am putting it down to this and apologise for wasting your time! Thank you for everything though :)

rowettfly

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Oh so I need to get two new ones? Because I getting the same model RAM, but assumed that the same type would be enough, not an entirely new pair.

rowettfly

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Well they are made by Ballistix and they have lifetime warranty which is kind of them, but only one stick is broken, so I only need one new one. Would the single new replacement not work with my previous stick? Also the postage is free nicely so no money is being spent by me.