Review Nuphy Halo75 V2 Review: An Affordable Enthusiast Mechanical Keyboard

Colif

Win 11 Master
i wonder how long they last on battery with the halo on.
Battery life swings wildly. With all of the lighting on, Nuphy rates it as lasting anywhere from nine to 91 hours. With just the homing bars illuminated, that estimate jumps to 140 to 200 hours, and with no lighting at all, peaks at 307 hours. Nine to 307 hours is quite a range, but since this keyboard is almost as much about RGB as it is its typing experience, you should probably plan on plugging it in overnight — especially if you’re using the 2.4GHz dongle.
Sounds about right.

I have a Halo95, and managed to turn halo off. Sure makes it last longer. Only lights I have happen when I type.
White keys makes it easier to read caps without need for backlight anyway
eTEsJBM.jpg

New Halo95 V2 has different key caps and different color schemes. Not sure its worth update since mines only 7 months old now.

I wonder if they increased range on dongle as my KB not that far from PC and yet I d/c often on wireless. I generally use BT.

NO mention of the ghostbar?

Reactions: helper800
Seems like a good board and these types of battery life swings are not uncommon depending on the RGB setups. My Keychron Q1 Pro is similar. If I have more aggressive RGB presets on, it does not last long.

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
Yeah, its a quieter space bar. I guess it is key hit the most often on a keyboard. Its more a dull thud
Kudos also to Patriot i guess, because they made the spacebar quieter than the other keys on the Viper V765. Much quieter. It's also the only key that's got a convex surface instead of concave.

I've looked at it more closely and it's definetly not a sophisticated solution. I would say questionable even.
Seems more flimsy than the other keys but it hasn't caused any problems.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have a spare spacebar... and a bunch of other keys and sample switches. In case I want to change color scheme a little.

Q67Fn7c.jpg

Shame spare space bar just a normal one. Can't say I ever broken a space bar before so shouldn't need it.
never bothered to swap the windows keys

Reactions: helper800

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
I have a spare spacebar... and a bunch of other keys and sample switches. In case I want to change color scheme a little.

Q67Fn7c.jpg

Shame spare space bar just a normal one. Can't say I ever broken a space bar before so shouldn't need it.
never bothered to swap the windows keys
Someone posted a photo of the Viper spacebar (Russian website - open link in private window or image search for Обзор игровой клавиатуры Viper V765 — i2HARD):
https://i2hard.ru/upload/iblock/30a/30aa6052b718b399aa28e36fa1f991d7.jpg

It doesn't inspire confidence does it? :D