[SOLVED] Nuts for m.2 on the... backside of my motherboard??

Scottybadotty

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2015
I wanted to install my new m.2 ssd into my PC, but i discovered that there were nothing to screw it into on the upper m.2 slot. The lower slot had the correct nuts to screw into, which I found weird. I opened my case back cover and saw the same nuts that are on the front side near the lower m.2 slot on the back side of my motherboard... What in the world do i do from here?

Solution
I wanted to install my new m.2 ssd into my PC, but i discovered that there were nothing to screw it into on the upper m.2 slot. The lower slot had the correct nuts to screw into, which I found weird. I opened my case back cover and saw the same nuts that are on the front side near the lower m.2 slot on the back side of my motherboard... What in the world do i do from here?
If by nuts you mean a standoff to screw into you can often times unscrew it and move it to another location. You should have only one standoff for each M.2 socket as unused ones could interfere with components on the NVME card.
If by nuts you mean a standoff to screw into you can often times unscrew it and move it to another location. You should have only one standoff for each M.2 socket as unused ones could interfere with components on the NVME card.

Solution