[SOLVED] Nuvoton NCT6791D on ASUStek 81T are showing high temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2020
Hi

I Have ASUStek 81T in Akasa fanless box with Intel i5-4670 cpu. I have tested most of the diagnostik software and all of them showing the same (but they call it different)
CPU, SDD Graphic card temperature are ok (40-50 Celsius) but motherboard 95-105 Celsius. I have found out that the sensor nuvoton NCT6791D are showing high temperature. I woulnd'nt be worry, cause PC works well, but motherboard are making quite frequently annoiyng beep sound.
Is oit the way to fix this temeparature sensor? Or is there a way to disable this beep sound at least?
Thanks in advance,

P.

Reactions: cristiandure1

Lutfij

Titan
With the system breadboarded and a fan placed across the board to account for airflow, does the beeps go away? Model for the Akasa fanless chassis? We will need you to also mention the rest of your specs. What app's did you use to corroborate the story about temps?

Nov 13, 2020
Hi, sorry for late answer, i was testing something.
I have cleared CMOS and uptaded all the possible drivers and Assus things. But no help.
The case is Akasa Euler.
HDD Seagate ST320LM001
CPU is Intel Core i5-4670T (I've read that it's 45W and this Akasa Euler case is up to 35W - so maybe it is a cause? How to lower maximum power consumption? Can it help?)

OS Win 10 Pro

I have no fan, but when I use hairdryer blowing cold air in the case, or vacum cleaner there was no impact on the showed temperature.

What more informatuin could help?
Regarding the software I use - all available I guess - Aida, HWmonitor, speccy, HWiNFO...
What shall I check more, or share here?

Many thanks,

P.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020
Hi,

So I have continued diagmostic and I am wondering if it could be stupid Windows "beeps".
I have add fan that blows cold air into the case and the CPU, GPU and HDD is much colder - cca 35 celscius. But the Motherboard still 95 - 115.
But this beeping is so not regular for me, that I am starting to think, that maybe it is not because of the temperature. I have switched off all the sounds in Windows Configurations and in regedit as well (Beep - 'no')
But maybe you know the way of the swithing this beeping?

Nov 13, 2020
Hi all,

I am writing, cause maybe someone will have the same problem. I have solved the problem and it was not connected with the Nuvoton sensor. The sensor is broken, but it has now consequences (at least visible). Pc works well all the time. Problem with not regular, but quite often (once every 5-10 minutes) was because of the conflict betwenn Windows 10 and the driver for my external sound card, DAC Khadas Tone Board. KTB requires basic driver (not eval and no upgrade) in Win10.

Good luck everyone.

Reactions: cristiandure1
Status
Not open for further replies.