NV Silencer or Accelero X1?

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Is the Accelero X1 even out yet?

I'm more worried about losing 2 PCI slots with the NV Silencer, and the few reviews i've found of the Accelero X1 state it's quieter and better cooling, and it looks like it might not be blocked by a bigger PCI card.

Any thoughts? Anyone see an Accelero for sale?

Godiva

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2004
They were supposed to come out end of Feb, but haven't yet, I'm going to buy the X2 for x1800xl, i doubt it is much smaller than the silencer series. It is better at cooling, because it has 3 heatpipes.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
The fan is in a different spot through, so a PCI card won't block it if it's close.

Any idea on when it will be out? I tried to find contact info for Arctic Cooling to ask, but didn't see any on their website.

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
i was just thinking of the same question, silencer or accelero x1 , for my xfx7800gtx. But for me the sound is not a problem, i jsut want the best cooling performance that money can buy. so which is better at cooling, the silencer, or the accelero?
another question...
i know that the silencer lets the heat out of the case, while the accelero keeps it in, does that make a big contribution to the overall temperature inside the case?

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Again, from the reviews I've read, it didn't seem to be, and shouldn't if you have the airflow in the case set up properly, but untill I get one to try, I'm not sure.

However, I have yet to see a review where the Accelero was not the top performer of all the coolers, including the Zalman.

Godiva

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2004
BTW Bront, if you want to contact Arctic Cooling, click the button in the top right corner of their website that says Contact.

a1ien

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
I would say go with the Silencer. I just got the NV Silencer 5 rev 3 for my eVGA 6800GT and I was a little unsure about it at first but I am extremely pleased with it. I just installed it today and it's already dropped the temp down 7 degrees celcius without even having the AS5 burn in yet.

Also, since it pulls air out of the case it has dropped my cpu and my motherboard 6 degrees celcius as well. Which is just a major side benefit. A very good product to consider.

mo26

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
I would say go with the Silencer. I just got the NV Silencer 5 rev 3 for my eVGA 6800GT and I was a little unsure about it at first but I am extremely pleased with it. I just installed it today and it's already dropped the temp down 7 degrees celcius without even having the AS5 burn in yet.

Also, since it pulls air out of the case it has dropped my cpu and my motherboard 6 degrees celcius as well. Which is just a major side benefit. A very good product to consider.

wow, dropped you motherboard and cpu by 6 degrees!! impresive!!
jsut wanna ask. does it have an adjustable speed fan controller?

Bluefinger

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I have an X2 on my X1900XT, and it significantly dropped the temps from my card by at least 10 degrees on load, which is impressive, despite it not being able to vent the hot air out of the case. I would recommend you get the Accelero, because it has a quieter fan on it than the Silencer series, not to mention the addition of heatpipes, a larger heatsink, along with venting some air over the mosfet on the card. Sometime i hope to get a Vantec spectrum fan card or something along those lines in order to create more vertical airflow into the card, helping to shift more of the hot air around the case and cool the card more effectively. The X1 will be worth it.... until AC manage to release the cooler they've put on the new HIS ICEQ3 range.... man... that cooler looks amazing... Silencer... with heatpipes.... brilliant!