NV40 running @ 450, 550 or 600mhz?

Interesting Blurb from the Inquirer, about the possible speeds of the release product (the first proof spin was running @ 300mhz). And if they do intend stepped clock speeds, then the return of the GF4 series, like they say, may be upon us.

<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13985" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13985</A>

Still it's all just smoke and mirrors 'til it gets here.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Buy the cheapest and overclock it...

Athlon 2700xp+ (oc: 3200xp+ with 200fsb) , Radeon 9800pro (oc: 410/370) , 512mb pc3200 (3-3-3-2), Asus A7N8X-X

Probably, although you will likely find that the best cores go into the high end, and those that don't qualify get put into their lower clock version. If they get good yields and don't bin alot of them, then you'll get the overclocking benifit from all of them because they will have so many 'good' cores that they will need to use even top cores for their lower end models (likely a similar situation with the FX5900SE/XT now).

We'll have to wait and see.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
I hope they dont call their next line "fx".

I think geforce 5 would be better

Athlon 2700xp+ (oc: 3200xp+ with 200fsb) , Radeon 9800pro (oc: 410/370) , 512mb pc3200 (3-3-3-2), Asus A7N8X-X

Perhaps calling it the Voodoo7 would bring some back into the nV fold. :wink:

I have read that it will be the FX 6XXX series, but I guess we won't know until it arrives.

If it it doesn't perform as expected it could be the GF SuX 6666!

And if it ROX it could be called the Radeon 10000 :evil:

What about the Vforce? Voodoo+GeForce.

Seriously this would be a great game. We did this last time with the XT series.

Come to think of it maybe it'll be the FX5990Mega.