[SOLVED] Nvdia 3080 gtx msi

Dec 31, 2020
Hello,

So my problem is that my GPU load is 0% in games like Cyberpunk Divisiion 2 CoD cant even reach 20 fps but in a game like witcher 3 it works fine 80% GPU load and good FPS

My drivers are updated I even unnistaled the intel graphics

I dont have temp problems either

My pc is I7 10700k, 3080 msi gtx gaming trio , corsair vengeance 32gb , 1000 psu , strix z 490-f motherboard

Solution
Well the userbench looks normal - you do need to turn on XMP when you can get back into the bios...

One new thing is a white LED always turn on in my motherboard and I cant access my BIOS
This sounds like that while LED bug that plagued those Asus boards... where is it...
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/need-help-with-new-pc-build.3640250/#post-21935015

Check out the posts by Karadjgne.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Did you have a gpu in the PC before this, and did you clean out its drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller?

Did you go into bios and set the PCIe link speed to Gen 3? The default Auto settings sometimes causes some funky stuff, especially with those AMD PCIe Gen 4 boards. I know you have an Intel board, I'm just throwing it out there anyway.

Dec 31, 2020
Did you have a gpu in the PC before this, and did you clean out its drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller?

Did you go into bios and set the PCIe link speed to Gen 3? The default Auto settings sometimes causes some funky stuff, especially with those AMD PCIe Gen 4 boards. I know you have an Intel board, I'm just throwing it out there anyway.
Yes I have been using the PC and gaming on it for like 2 months and yesterday I was gaming cyberpunk all good I dicided to take a brake watch some videos after 2 hours I went to play Division 2 when things went wrong. I havent touched anything on the BIOS. I've only tried to make my Aorus nvme gen4 ssd unsuccesfully tho

Dec 31, 2020
Hello,

So my problem is that my GPU load is 0% in games like Cyberpunk Divisiion 2 CoD cant even reach 20 fps but in a game like witcher 3 it works fine 80% GPU load and good FPS

My drivers are updated I even unnistaled the intel graphics

I dont have temp problems either

My pc is I7 10700k, 3080 msi gtx gaming trio , corsair vengeance 32gb , 1000 psu , strix z 490-f motherboard

One new thing is a white LED always turn on in my motherboard and I cant access my BIOS

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Well the userbench looks normal - you do need to turn on XMP when you can get back into the bios...

This sounds like that while LED bug that plagued those Asus boards... where is it...
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/need-help-with-new-pc-build.3640250/#post-21935015

Solution
Dec 31, 2020

About the white LED I took off my 3080 gtx , boot up the PC with no GPU and succesfull acess to the BIOS and desktop with no white LED. I now instaled again the GPU and I could access BIOS (when I couldnt befeore) and the white LED is gone (everything looks ok)

I start a game (COD MW) 100+ smooth fps couldnt ask for better, but one thing is when I him gaming there is 0% load on the GPU and I dont know why the game runs fine at max settings. And the last question is what is causing this problems. Is the GPU somehow broken but still works?

ps: before I took of the GPU and the white LED was on I tried run the game (CODMW) max settings I had 100+ FPS but the game felt like I was a 30 or something really laggy when moving and turning

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I start a game (COD MW) 100+ smooth fps couldnt ask for better, but one thing is when I him gaming there is 0% load on the GPU and I dont know why the game runs fine at max settings. And the last question is what is causing this problems. Is the GPU somehow broken but still works?
If it's not happening in all your games, I'd think the card is working.

The games are on one of the SSDs, right?

You're not using a riser card?

Are you running a multi-monitor setup, but the screens have different native refresh rates?

Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings, power set to max performance?

Dec 31, 2020
If it's not happening in all your games, I'd think the card is working.

Cyberpunk , COD MW , Division 2, COD cold war , witcher 3 working fine now performance FPS wise (only thing is 0% GPU load when running the games)

The games are on one of the SSDs, right?

yes on a 1 tb normal ssd

You're not using a riser card?

No

Are you running a multi-monitor setup, but the screens have different native refresh rates?

My main MSI is 165 and my AOC secondary is 144

Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings, power set to max performance?

yes

Dec 31, 2020
So they work fine... ehh, it's probably an OSD bug.

"My main MSI is 165 and my AOC secondary is 144"
Are you able to plug the secondary into the motherboard? I'd suggest you try that and see if things don't run smoother.
When I plub the secondary monitor on the motherboard there is no signal