NVDIA and AMD drivers play nicely together?

boyagin

Honorable
May 27, 2013
Currently I have a GTX 770.

I'm thinking if I could put my old 7770 into the second slot, just to have an extra display. Is it possible? (Not hybrid, SLI or Crossfire).

Has anyone tried this before? Before I messed up these display drivers. :na:

Thank you in advance.

Solution
there may be a problem, like slowing down of your system, but you can do this only if your motherboard supports it, tell me the make or model of your motherboard and i will tell you whether it is possible or not.
Any way I would recommend this combination, can cause a lot of problems as the display drivers are not so compatible with each other

Sonu Dutta

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
there may be a problem, like slowing down of your system, but you can do this only if your motherboard supports it, tell me the make or model of your motherboard and i will tell you whether it is possible or not.
Any way I would recommend this combination, can cause a lot of problems as the display drivers are not so compatible with each other

Solution

boyagin

Honorable
May 27, 2013

Sabertooth990FX Rev1.0

Yeah, but I use Tweetdeck for one monitor display, one for gaming and another one to display my system status like CPU, GPU, RAM usage and etc.

I game on single monitor by the way. So I wonder if I could save my money before buying an active DP converter for surround display (which I don't really use it). =)