Question Nvdia Surround on a laptop?

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
So let's say I have a laptop with a gtx 1650 so can I connect the laptop to two external displays, then close the laptop lid and use the two external displays with Nvdia Surround?

Hey there,

Yes, you can connect multiple displays. If your laptop has the right connections, it's pretty straight forward. And yes, you can use surround. Simply go to Nvidia settings, and change the settings to span displays.

However, please do not shut your laptop lid. Think about it. It's a gaming laptop right? The centre of the key board and the rear of your chassis (specially on top) are going to get hot. With the lid closed, all that heat is just being absorbed by your screen, which on most low-medium level gaming laptops has just a screen between all that heat and the panel itself. It's not a good idea.

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
Hey there,

Yes, you can connect multiple displays. If your laptop has the right connections, it's pretty straight forward. And yes, you can use surround. Simply go to Nvidia settings, and change the settings to span displays.

However, please do not shut your laptop lid. Think about it. It's a gaming laptop right? The centre of the key board and the rear of your chassis (specially on top) are going to get hot. With the lid closed, all that heat is just being absorbed by your screen, which on most low-medium level gaming laptops has just a screen between all that heat and the panel itself. It's not a good idea.
what If I just enable the monitor display?

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
Hey there,

Can you also tell me if I can use nvdia surround with nvdia mx250?