Nvidea driver keeps messing up. Changing resolution and not showing 4k.

dyno_05

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2012
This is getting on my nerves. I have 4k resolution set. When I turn on my computer it goes to 1080p 30hz and no 4k resolutions on the panel. Installing fresh drivers fixes it but comes back once in a wile.
Also the control panel doesn't show up on the taskbar. I used to fix it with a youtube fix I found. But now even that doesn't work. I hear nvidea took it off the taskbar altogether in the new updates.

You need to eliminate some of the variables to know what is causing this.
Try straight to the TV with the monster cable, then the other cable. This will eliminate the cables... if one works and the other does not, you know what to replace. If they both work, then you need to try a different video card or a different PC entirely. The Onkyo is not getting a pass as beyond reproach, but it is the most difficult to test so you will have to test it with elimination of the other variables instead.

dyno_05

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2012
I don't think it's the connection. Maybe it's my video card. Or something installed on my computer. Just seeing if there is a fix. I have ccleaner pro. that messes with the registry also have avast full Security and melware bytes. This happen only a bit of times. But enough that it gets me annoyed.