Question Nvidea Graphics Card: Flashing Red Light

HexUnderLord

Commendable
May 21, 2017
Hey guys! I've built my own rig & been running it for a couple of years & its been great. But i'm just wondering When I take out & put in my graphics card at first the light shined white when I reboot but I notice once it gets going it just flashes red all the time. Just wondering if this is normal or if it's a problem. I have a "Geforce GTX 1050 Ti". My computer can detect it just fine.

HexUnderLord

Commendable
May 21, 2017
Specs.
MSI H270M BAZOOKA mATX Mobo
Intel Core i5 7600 3.5GHz 6MB
Seagate 1TB Barracuda SATA 6GB 64MB
Kingston UV400 SSD 2.5in 480GB
Corsair VengeaceLPX D4 2x8G 2133MHz
Asus GeForce GTX1050 Ti 4G STRIX
Windows 10 Home 64bit OEM

Everything has already been installed & running I just don't know if that flashing red light on the graphics card is normal or not?

Hey guys! I've built my own rig & been running it for a couple of years & its been great. But i'm just wondering When I take out & put in my graphics card at first the light shined white when I reboot but I notice once it gets going it just flashes red all the time. Just wondering if this is normal or if it's a problem. I have a "Geforce GTX 1050 Ti". My computer can detect it just fine.

Why are you removing the card at all if the system is running normally? And if it's running normally, why would you think there was a problem? A great way to break something is trying to fix an issue that is not there. Did you check the video card manual or online support to see what the lights on it mean if it's not just the RGB lights on the card?

HexUnderLord

Commendable
May 21, 2017
Why are you removing the card at all if the system is running normally? And if it's running normally, why would you think there was a problem? A great way to break something is trying to fix an issue that is not there. Did you check the video card manual or online support to see what the lights on it mean if it's not just the RGB lights on the card?
Well I didn't know if the red light means it not operating at full capacity. Its a pretty good card and I notice with some games it won't even run on high

Well I didn't know if the red light means it not operating at full capacity. Its a pretty good card and I notice with some games it won't even run on high

That is an RGB card, it has lights on it, those are those lights. So now you are actually asking the right question, you have something with the games not running on High.

Now that we got the right question, what games are you talking about and at what resolution? When you say they don't run on high settings, what FPS are you getting? A 1050Ti is not a bad card but not really a good one, it is on the lower tier of gaming cards for newer games.

HexUnderLord

Commendable
May 21, 2017
That is an RGB card, it has lights on it, those are those lights. So now you are actually asking the right question, you have something with the games not running on High.

Now that we got the right question, what games are you talking about and at what resolution? When you say they don't run on high settings, what FPS are you getting? A 1050Ti is not a bad card but not really a good one, it is on the lower tier of gaming cards for newer games.
It's mostly with survival games like ark & conan I have to run on medium. Surprisingly some triple A games I can run close to max but only some of them.