Nvidia’s Metropolis Paves The Path To AI Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like the city learning where you go everyday.

Imagine how targeted advertising could be if the city knew exactly where you were the last 10 years.

Sounds like the beginning of Minority Report.

"Our data predicts that you will run the stop light at central and 2nd street tomorrow on your way to pick up roses for your wife's birthday which you have forgotten about 8 times in the last 10 years.

Please pay a fine of $50 to resolve this issue.

Thank you for cooperation"

Also AI isn't magic.

It's still going to require at hefty amount of cpu/gpu power to monitor your 100s of millions of cameras.

dankcik09

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
nothing good will come of this. just like they said nsa will only exist to track terrorism. yet now its tracking its citizens claiming they are terrorists. makes sense.
why not focus on curing diseases instead of trying to make humans obsolete. globalist agenda or what?

Questors

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2004
I can't understand why any human beings are so keen to give control of everything in their lives to AIs. From self-driving cars to smart homes and now to entire cities. I resent the way we are tracked already. People give up hard won liberty much too easily and even worse, are becoming so incredibly lazy, they would rather have something do everything for them. I wonder if there will be screams of "ban it" when the AI controlled butt wiper decides to impale its human subject for not being worthy.

dstarr3

Distinguished
This kind of technology has been around for a while now, just at a smaller scale. If you go to a shopping mall and think your every move isn't being tracked, you're a bit oblivious.

But I suspect this data will be used for the same purposes mall tracking data is: Getting better at making you buy shit.

As of right now it's in government hands. But once the government allows the sale of that tracking data, expect those highway billboards to change just as you drive by. Suddenly it turns into an episode of "Black Mirror."

That's why I wear my tin foil hat and mask when I go to the mall.
My phone is of course turned off and in a Faraday bag next to my emergency supply kit.

They've done experiments that show that the concave nature of the tin foil hat can actually reflect waves back through your brain. You really need a full coverage tin foil helmet complete with face mask. Or better a full body suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.