Question Nvidia 1050ti

Nov 23, 2018
Hello,my graphic card gigabyte AMD 7850 isn't working. will Nvidia 1050 ti work with my system configuration of more than 5 years old. In future if I upgrade my PC Can I use this new card with it?

My system specification

Processor —Intel i5 3570 @ 3.4 Ghz
Ram —8GB
Motherboard —Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B75M-D3H

Hello,my graphic card gigabyte AMD 7850 isn't working. will Nvidia 1050 ti work with my system configuration of more than 5 years old. In future if I upgrade my PC Can I use this new card with it?

My system specification

Processor —Intel i5 3570 @ 3.4 Ghz
Ram —8GB
Motherboard —Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B75M-D3H

Yes a 1050ti should work fine with that machine, and yes there would be no issue to transfer to a newer machine in future. Only thing I would say- any specific reason you are looking at the 1050ti? The AMD RX 570 is much faster and typically costs the same or less so it's a better buy- it does require an external power connector though. If you are specifically looking for a graphics card that will run from the PCIe slot, then the new GTX 1650 is the fastest option so would be better than 1050ti and doesn't cost much more (just be careful with 1650 as some of the higher models do require external power so check the specs if that is what you are looking for).

Reactions: sanumax2
Nov 23, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I havent fixed on 1050 ti just need a good graphic card costing around 12000 Indian rupees. Is AMD 1650 faster than Nvidia 1050 ti? Open to more suggestions around the price range

Thanks for the reply. I havent fixed on 1050 ti just need a good graphic card costing around 12000 Indian rupees. Is AMD 1650 faster than Nvidia 1050 ti? Open to more suggestions around the price range

So the best value option at the moment is typically (does vary by region, not sure on prices in India) the AMD RX 570, which is a lot faster than a 1050ti. It's is actually a higher tier product but it's recently gone on sale making it a real bargain.

The other card I mentioned is the new nVidia GTX 1650- which was only just released this week and is basically their replacement for the 1050ti- it's a more modern design based on their new 'Turing' core so has newer features and such so for similar money it's a better buy than the 1050ti.

DSzymborski

Titan
One catch on the 570 vs. the 1050 Ti is the power supply. The latter generally runs on lower-quality power supplies, especially when you have one that doesn't require supplementary power. You ask about an upgrade, but from your specs, you've left out information as to your exact power supply, which is by far the most information to provide regarding a GPU upgrade. While theoretically a PSU that can power a 7850 can handle a 570, but if you're running a garbage PSU, it could be one that you shouldn't have been using anyway or even the cause of the 7850's death.

How much watts SMPS will be required for the AMD graphic card. Which Will be good SMPS for RX 570 ?
Here is a handy chart which works well.
It suggests a 500w unit for a RX570.
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
Of perhaps more importance is the quality of the psu.
Here is one list of psu quality:
It is not clear to me where your particular psu stands.

A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It will not have safety and overload protections.
If it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive. Do not use one.

If you are going to buy a new psu along with a RX570, look to Seasonic, they are always good.

Alternatively the GTX1050ti you referenced above needs no 6 pin power and would run just fine on your current psu.

there is a offer on Zotac GeForce GTX1060 3GB Graphics Card for the price of rx570 in amazon.isn't this card faster than RX570?

https://www.amazon.in/Zotac-GeForce...ds=gtx+1060&qid=1556352251&s=computers&sr=1-1

GTX 1060 3gb is pretty even with RX 570 4gb cards. Note that the 1060 3gb is a slower product (has less cuda cores) than a 1060 6gb which is why they can be found cheaply. The other issue is there are quite a few games where 3gb of graphics memory isn't really enough, so the card gets bogged down on higher settings. On that basis I'd personally probably still take the RX570 if costs are same, although a 3gb 1060 is still a good card so if you would really prefer an nVidia card then it is a good option.

TRENDING THREADS