Question Nvidia 1060 GTX sudden death with black screen and no output

Oct 29, 2020
Hello everyone!. This is my first post in this forum. :)
I was looking for some recommendations regarding my graphic card, that died all of a sudden this monday.

The card is an ASUS Nvidia 1060GTX, and I bought it with a new computer all together at the beginning of 2017, but I have never used the computer until september 2020 because I had a very powerful company laptop. (yes I know, a very bad purchase :p)
So this means, the card is brand new and in other circumstances, I would get rid of it and buy a new one but is sooo new it doesn't even has dirt on the fans yet.

I have tested the card in two different motherboards, with different monitors and cables and no output whatsoever, and today, as It's out of warranty, I decided to open it to see what's going on.

I have a multimeter, but I am more of a software than a hardware guy and I am no good at electronics, but I've seen one Windbond chip with a white mark that is probably partially fried but more than enough to make the graphic card useless.

I am no expert in the field and I would really really appreciate your advice about what should I do, if I should try to talk with some repairs company or try to buy the chip and a heat gun and try to replace it on my own (probably a bad idea but is gonna end in the bin anyways).

I attach two pictures of the card. (Second picture shows the chip I was talking about)

Thank you very much for your help!.

unknown.png

cphip.jpg

Is it recognizable when you try to flash the card actually?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehmhWeBLgk0

There should be sticker behind stating correct vbios and look up here on techpowerup

Note; I've saved this way an GTX 950 , no video output etc.