[SOLVED] Nvidia 2070 Displayport won't work with Nvidia Drivers

Jun 2, 2021
Hi all,

I have an EVGA 2070 graphics card, ASRock x470 motherboard, 2700X AMD processor and everything worked great until a few days ago. The issue I have now is that my displayport won't work after booting past the windows screen. It works in safe mode and it works in BIOS but once it goes into Windows login, it loses signal. If I put an HDMI cable I can login into Windows and have no issue. I did a bunch of searching for what could be causing the issue, I tried to delete drivers, install different versions of them and nothing is working. The closest I got was doing a fresh uninstall of all the drivers using the DDU tool and logging into windows using Displayport but in low resolution mode, but the minute I install an Nvidia driver, again it loses signal, and I can attach HDMI and it works perfectly but no Displayport with Nvidia driver. I tried a few Nvidia drivers as well so not sure what could be causing the issue. Can someone with more knowledge please help!!!

Thanks!!!

Solution
UPDATE - I bought a new cable and it works. I am shocked at how this cable just went bad but works enough to work during BIOS and work in windows but low resolution without Nvidia driver installed. Wow, you definitely learn something new every day!
Hi all,

I have an EVGA 2070 graphics card, ASRock x470 motherboard, 2700X AMD processor and everything worked great until a few days ago. The issue I have now is that my displayport won't work after booting past the windows screen. It works in safe mode and it works in BIOS but once it goes into Windows login, it loses signal. If I put an HDMI cable I can login into Windows and have no issue. I did a bunch of searching for what could be causing the issue, I tried to delete drivers, install different versions of them and nothing is working. The closest I got was doing a fresh uninstall of all the drivers using the DDU tool and logging into windows using Displayport but in low resolution mode, but the minute I install an Nvidia driver, again it loses signal, and I can attach HDMI and it works perfectly but no Displayport with Nvidia driver. I tried a few Nvidia drivers as well so not sure what could be causing the issue. Can someone with more knowledge please help!!!

Thanks!!!
Try another Display port cable ?

Reactions: VSX72
Jun 2, 2021
Try another Display port cable ?

Thanks, I did order a new Displayport cable and it's coming today so will give it a try, but does it make sense for a Displayport cable to work fine without Nvidia drivers and in low resolution mode, (basic Windows driver) but not work with an Nvidia driver? Also this same cable worked fine a few days ago. Is this common with Displayport cables or did anyone experience this?

Jun 2, 2021
UPDATE - I bought a new cable and it works. I am shocked at how this cable just went bad but works enough to work during BIOS and work in windows but low resolution without Nvidia driver installed. Wow, you definitely learn something new every day!

Reactions: egda23
Solution