[SOLVED] NVidia 2070 problem

Apr 18, 2021
I have a new HP Omen laptop with a 2070 on it. Sometimes after I open the lid back up to resume a game (specifically RDR2) , the card stutters. If I exit and restart the game it still stutters, but it does not if I start another game. If I restart the computer it will function normally again.

Is my card likely defective?

Thank you.

Solution
I have a new HP Omen laptop with a 2070 on it. Sometimes after I open the lid back up to resume a game (specifically RDR2) , the card stutters. If I exit and restart the game it still stutters, but it does not if I start another game. If I restart the computer it will function normally again.

Thank you.
No it's due to power consumption. The 20xx and 30xx series require a lot of power even mobile models and red dead use the GPU the the extreme it's just having a issue with complying to power requirements after sleeping... The only way you will avoid this is make sire the game is fully closed before letting the system sleep or go to power option and change close lid to do nothing not put the...

Thank you.
No it's due to power consumption. The 20xx and 30xx series require a lot of power even mobile models and red dead use the GPU the the extreme it's just having a issue with complying to power requirements after sleeping... The only way you will avoid this is make sire the game is fully closed before letting the system sleep or go to power option and change close lid to do nothing not put the laptop to sleep

Solution
Apr 18, 2021
Thank you. At the risk of sounding foolish - if I change my power option so that it does not sleep when I close the lid, does that mean my screen will stay on, rather than go dark? I hope not.