[SOLVED] Nvidia 2070 Super 100% GPU usage and low fps

Nov 23, 2021
Hi Yall,

I have a 2070 Super graphics card and have been getting super low fps in both multiplayer and single-player games. It started with me getting severe frame drops when playing Valorant. The game will start at 165fps (the refresh rate of my monitor) but pretty quickly the fps will tank to between 30-40 fps and stay there. I've run tests using task manager. When I start playing everything looks good on task manager, ~22% CPU usage, ~40% memory, and ~50% GPU usage. Then randomly the fps will crash from 165 fps to 30 and the GPU usage will jump to 100% (nearly all of it used by Valorant and ). This will persist until I restart the game. I have tried setting the game to the lowest settings and it does nothing. This is now happening in nearly every other game too, even non-intensive games like Minecraft. Today I downloaded Halo Infinite and I was getting 10 fps. All my drivers are up to date and I've checked the GPU temperature and it is only reaching 82 degrees max. I think my PC is on the higher-end so this shouldn't be happening. Is my GPU just faulty?

Thank you for any help.

System Specs:
CPU: Intel I9-10900k
GPU: Nvidia 2070 Super
RAM: 16GB
SSD: 1TB
Motherboard: MSI Z490-A Pro
Monitor: Omen 27i IPS

TRENDING THREADS