[SOLVED] Nvidia 3000 series Vs AMD 6000 series which to choose?

harry_46

Reputable
Jun 14, 2016
So I'm currently in que to get the 3080 but with these new amd ones being released im so confused as to which one to get now.

I was wondering since I don't have anything else AMD in my pc would the new GPUs actually work better since they where talking about special technology with amd CPUs and the rest of a pc in sync with the new GPUs.

There's no 100% good reviews yet so it almost feels like the and GPUs are too good to be true cheaper and better but what are the catches like does it only run better if the pc is an all amd pc or what.

What are your guys ideas?

Solution
So many things to consider.

First, wait on actual reviews.

Second, if Raytracing is important to you (for cyberpunk 2077 for example), I would probably go with 3000 series Ampere, since it seems like Nvidia has about 30-40% edge when it comes to ray tracing performance according to leaks. In addition you have DLSS 2.0 in many games, which will give you another ~30% boost

Third, do you have a free sync or a G-sync monitor? if you have free sync you might consider AMD, if you have a G-sync you might want to stick with Nvidia.

Fourth, what processor do you have. If you will have 5000 series Ryzen you might want to consider AMD to get the extra boost. If not, see above.

If you just compare rasterization performance without raytracing...
="harry_46, post: 22038055, member: 2098644"]

Yeah that's what I was thinking really just got to wait I went down 40 spots in that que in a week so I feel I have time now to wait for those reviews 😂

I had to cancel my pre order was on 92 spot and was was going down slowly every week found 3090 on CCL computers Yesterday bought it and arrived the next day!

mjbn1977

Distinguished

Second, if Raytracing is important to you (for cyberpunk 2077 for example), I would probably go with 3000 series Ampere, since it seems like Nvidia has about 30-40% edge when it comes to ray tracing performance according to leaks. In addition you have DLSS 2.0 in many games, which will give you another ~30% boost

Third, do you have a free sync or a G-sync monitor? if you have free sync you might consider AMD, if you have a G-sync you might want to stick with Nvidia.

Fourth, what processor do you have. If you will have 5000 series Ryzen you might want to consider AMD to get the extra boost. If not, see above.

If you just compare rasterization performance without raytracing and the DLSS stuff, they are about same high performance, depending on the game.

Reactions: PrinceTexasLoaf
Solution

harry_46

Reputable
Jun 14, 2016

If you just compare rasterization performance without raytracing and the DLSS stuff, they are about same high performance, depending on the game.

Ah see I do have a g sync monitor and I didn't consider that so it probably would be best to stick to the 3080.