[SOLVED] Nvidia 416.81 Driver - Battlefield V Crash

grIMr8R.png

Just wanted to share this. Before I started BFV for the first time today, I downloaded and installed the latest driver that was released with updates specifically for this game. Had been playing for about 10 minutes (initial story) when it crashed. I've never seen this message before.

*Update: I think it could be my overclock; +50 Core, +200 Mem

which doesn't seem like much, but the GPU was used for mining. Perhaps it's time to start taking advantage of my 10 year warranty. I wonder if I take it apart and clean it and reapply thermal paste would help. I might try that first.

Solution
I also recently started using my old EVGA PowerLink again. I don't think I've played much since I installed it. I just it removed it and I'm about to see if that helps because it crashed a second time after playing for about 10 mins again (with the overclock enabled). It's fine without the overclock, or at least it was for 30 mins during a multiplayer game of BFV. It's not a huge overclock, but if it still happens then I guess it just can't handle the overclock.
I also recently started using my old EVGA PowerLink again. I don't think I've played much since I installed it. I just it removed it and I'm about to see if that helps because it crashed a second time after playing for about 10 mins again (with the overclock enabled). It's fine without the overclock, or at least it was for 30 mins during a multiplayer game of BFV. It's not a huge overclock, but if it still happens then I guess it just can't handle the overclock.

Solution
Well, I just finished 15 minutes of gameplay with OC and it was fine.

I actually opened my case up to add two case fans to the top, because I've had my 280mm radiator on the front and I never got around to putting the fans up top. Well, I did that and removed the EVGA PowerLink and my GPU temps went way down. Was 80C now 68C.

So, I suspect it was either the EVGA PowerLink or the higher than average GPU temps before. But, that was only 15 mins.. will post back if it happens again.