Nvidia 560M 3GB vs 570M 1.5GB for dual monitor?

Redoth

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
I just want a dual montor desktop situation, in which I will have many productivity programs running at once. (3ds max, photoshop;)

I have heard that more ram makes a difference in multi monitor setups, so would the Nvidia 560M be better here or should I just go with the better all around 570M?

For just a dual monitor setup, not running games, any low range gaming video card will run things fine, although for what you are running, you want to get a Quadro card. 3DMax and Phtoshop at once will tax your CPU and RAM more than the video card, and you really want a Quadro for specific features they have for those programs.

Redoth

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
I know. The 570M is the faster card, while the 560M has double the ram. (3GB vs 1.5GB). But l have read that ram is more important in multi monitor situations. I need to know whether to sacrifice ram for speed. I do game often, but I may have 2+ monitors (although I will only use one for gaming).

No mobile video card has 3 gig of RAM, it probably includes the shared ram with the system. I'd go with the the faster card. High-end desktop video cards have 1 gig of RAM, some have 2 although that's not needed n any game now. So 1.5 or 3 gig of RAM on a laptop card is just marketing.