nVIDIA 6800 Ultra

Just purchased one. Seems to run games great, but crashes when running
3DMark3. I thought 3dMark3 wsa supposed to be the industry standard for
benchmarking 3d boards. I called PNY (the board supplier) they said it was
Futureware's (3DMark3's creator) problem. I called Futuerware, they said it
was PNY's problem. The ole see/saw game.

I am wonder if anyone else has had any problems similar.

"Charles Fuller" <buzfuller@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Just purchased one. Seems to run games great, but crashes when running
> 3DMark3. I thought 3dMark3 wsa supposed to be the industry standard for
> benchmarking 3d boards. I called PNY (the board supplier) they said it was
> Futureware's (3DMark3's creator) problem. I called Futuerware, they said
it
> was PNY's problem. The ole see/saw game.
>
> I am wonder if anyone else has had any problems similar.

I do not see any problem running 3DMark03 with the 61.xx prelease driver.

CapFusion,...

What Drivers are you using

"Charles Fuller" <buzfuller@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Just purchased one. Seems to run games great, but crashes when running
> 3DMark3. I thought 3dMark3 wsa supposed to be the industry standard for
> benchmarking 3d boards. I called PNY (the board supplier) they said it was
> Futureware's (3DMark3's creator) problem. I called Futuerware, they said
it
> was PNY's problem. The ole see/saw game.
>
> I am wonder if anyone else has had any problems similar.

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:23:10 -0400, "Charles Fuller"
<buzfuller@comcast.net> wrote:

>Just purchased one. Seems to run games great, but crashes when running
>3DMark3. I thought 3dMark3 wsa supposed to be the industry standard for
>benchmarking 3d boards. I called PNY (the board supplier) they said it was
>Futureware's (3DMark3's creator) problem. I called Futuerware, they said it
>was PNY's problem. The ole see/saw game.
>
>I am wonder if anyone else has had any problems similar.

Probably neither's problem ---- nVidia driver is the most likely
culprit. The current 6800 driver is very immature indeed, and
does not even support the onboard video processor. The
driver is not available for download from nVidia's website.
A definite sign of it being a "beta" version, provided to the
3rd parties so that boards could be shipped.

Have you checked the GPU clock rate -- PNY fail to mention it
on their webpage ( not to be confused with RAMDAC rate ) ?
I do hope that you enjoy the nice beverage cooler.

You would have been wiser to let your shekels burn in
your pocket for the next 2-3 months. The driver will be more
mature and prices will have fallen steeply.

John Lewis

> You would have been wiser to let your shekels burn in
> your pocket for the next 2-3 months.

Yeah, except then he would have been denied the use of
the card for those months.

>prices will have fallen steeply.

Rightfully so since the card will be less valuble to him.

Jeff B

> I am wonder if anyone else has had any problems similar.

Only problem I've had is finding a 6800U. Where did you
get it from?

Jeff B