Nvidia 9800gtx+ upgrade to Ati 5770 is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Oh please, by all means then tell us how much better a 5770 is over a 9800GTX+?
And explain to me the benefits of a 128 bit memory buss and 2 gig of memory over 512gig of memory and a 256bit wide bus?

Now, I'll grant the 5770 is not a bad card at all, well woth the money in its self.
But when it comes down to putting raw frame rates on the screen, it is neck and neck or only slightly better than a 9800GTX.
It is not worth the upgrade, you need to go on up the ladder a couple of tiers.
Idiot? Maybe. But I am sensible idiot who doesn't like to see people toss money for no good reason.

The 5770 is only 1 tier above the 9800GTX on the hierarchy chart.
It is a general rule that to "feel" like it was worth the...

More than likely or tired like every one else.

1GB is good enough for the majority of users while 2GB is only for the small few that have the use for it. Personally if you are some one who multybox wow or EVE online then 2GB is a must since any thing less than 1GB even at low res 4:3 you will hit a bottle neck. It takes a lot to run 4 accounts at once... Single instance gaming which is the 98% of gamers then you should go with the 1GB and pocket the savings vs the 2GB.

Oh please, by all means then tell us how much better a 5770 is over a 9800GTX+?
And explain to me the benefits of a 128 bit memory buss and 2 gig of memory over 512gig of memory and a 256bit wide bus?

Now, I'll grant the 5770 is not a bad card at all, well woth the money in its self.
But when it comes down to putting raw frame rates on the screen, it is neck and neck or only slightly better than a 9800GTX.
It is not worth the upgrade, you need to go on up the ladder a couple of tiers.
Idiot? Maybe. But I am sensible idiot who doesn't like to see people toss money for no good reason.

The 5770 is only 1 tier above the 9800GTX on the hierarchy chart.
It is a general rule that to "feel" like it was worth the upgrade, that you got your monies worth, you need to jump at least 2 teirs on upper end cards, and 3 tiers on lower end cards, or you simply won't notice a lot of difference.

Solution

Doom3klr

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010

You now your cards man GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS