Nvidia Adding ShadowPlay to GeForce Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
This is a great feature, but it shouldn't be included in the GeForce Experience program.

Not everybody installs that and it requires you to install Net.Framework 4, which is another software package many people don't want to install.

Great feature, but please make it stand-alone or part of the main driver.

Geforce Experience installs with the Nvidia drivers so it's all good.

Who are these many people who won't want to install the Net.Framework 4?

No, its definitely not all good. Geforce Experience gave me nothing but headaches and was removed, and I make doubly sure it doesn't reinstall when I do driver updates. No thanks. I'm on a 580, and had it decided to upgrade, i would try it out, simply because I'm not that close-minded, but either way, it should be a selectable during the driver install and seperate, just like physx, and geforce experience.

Windows 8 comes with 4 and 4.5 by default. And considering that .net is what a lot of programs are built upon, I am not sure who would not want to install it as it allows you to run those programs.

Hell AMDs current Catalyst drivers require .net 4 or higher.

As for the Shadowplay, I like the idea. Its a great way to lessen the dropped frames that happen due to FRAPs or other game recording apps.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

Shadowplay uses the H.264 encoder built into Kepler GPUs to handle the video capture and encoding on-the-fly. The 400/500 series are built on Fermi and don't include the H.264 hardware on board.

jewie27

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
GTX 580's also have a H.264 encoder but why didn't Nvidia enable it to work with Shadowplay? Bandicam allows users to record using H.264 on GTX 500 series...

Nvidia wants your upgrade money. That's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.