Nvidia and Blurry Display

loom001

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004
I have just rebuild my Windows XP Pro box and added a new MSI FX5200 128mb DDR card. Now everything is blurry and I can not figure out how to correct the problem. I had this same issue when I first installed my Radeon 8500DV, but I can not remember for the life of me what I did to correct the problem. My Display is a Viewsonic VP181 Flat LCD Analog no digital connector on it. And I am going to the Analog connector on the video card. Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Loom001

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by loom001 on 02/22/04 01:34 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

fragglefart

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2003
Did you reinstall windows?
If so, you must install the AGP drivers with your motherboard, check bios settings and make sure you have no nasty conflicting drivers in your registry.
Hope that was some help.

Render times? You'll find me down the pub...

hippo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
From my experience it's mostly cable. usually the video cable that comes with the lcd is crap. Buy a new one should get better visual. buy a dvi cable and use a adapter to connect to vga. Also if you got those magnetic things (sorry don't know what they're call!) that straps on to the ends of cable it'll help as it decreases interference.

Too bad your lcd don't have dvi coz dvi is really sharp compared to ananlog.