[SOLVED] Nvidia and the AIBs Pricings For The 3080 / 3090

Gypooo

Reputable
Jul 26, 2016
Hi , my question is related to the title in a more general manner , from my knowledge Nvidia and the AIBs like MSI and ASUS mostly operate in the US and i recently learned that most if not all prices advertises/revealed/showed by US businesses doesnt include the sales tax of the US so basicly the RTX 3080 700 USD is not the actual price to be paid for the card same goes for MSI GAMING X TRIO MSRP Price the 749$ doesnt include tax and so on.

So to be exact i wanna know exactly much is this tax actually paid on the MSRP price so that i can know the legit price of these cards , tbh some1 told me its 25% but thats kinda much so i wanted to be sure.

On Second note my concern here for this info is simply coz i live in egypt and as i have the knowledge like we all know the shortage of the RTX 3080 world wide so prices may inflate but what is going on here is the cards that came to egypt (which are so limited per shop) are being sold with increased prices like crazy as if nearly an auction is going on , the Asus tuf and MSI X TRIO ranged from 17500 18500 19500 EGP thats basicly in the range of 1100 usd to 1250 usd so i thought these shops here are nearly scamming and making an insane profit marging (and tbh am still suspecting that)

But This new info i learned which i mentioned above and asking about made me think if am wrong coz, for instance MSI X TRIO MSRP is 750$ lets say the dealer who imported the card from the US bought it for that price from the US (which is the MSRP so the least) if the above tax is true then we add the 25% to 750$ its 940$ which equals 14700 egp then we add importing fees of egypt maybe lets say we are at 15000 egp then we add the Egyptian VAT which is 14% we get to 17100 egp , thats what is supposed to be the cost of the card till it reached the shop in egypt if the US tax is 25% as am asking about so if he sells it for 17500 he is doing 400 egp profit margin which is enough and that price would be fair to me , thats ofc if the mentioned above is true regarding the US tax.

Solution
In the United States, sales tax is charged by the state/county wherever the good or service is purchased. It is definitely NOT 25%.

I bought a RTX 2080 two years ago in California. The sales tax was approximately 9%. This is considered higher sales tax than most other states.

The dealer is definitely inflating the price of the cards in order to increase their profit margin; sales tax is nowhere near 25% in USA.
In the United States, sales tax is charged by the state/county wherever the good or service is purchased. It is definitely NOT 25%.

I bought a RTX 2080 two years ago in California. The sales tax was approximately 9%. This is considered higher sales tax than most other states.

The dealer is definitely inflating the price of the cards in order to increase their profit margin; sales tax is nowhere near 25% in USA.

Solution

Gypooo

Reputable
Jul 26, 2016

I see thx for ur response , so well then since its no where near 25% , can u explain to me plz smthing ....... if the importer get the cards anyways from the US to Egypt is he 100% paying a percentage sales tax as a busisness dealer and importer and if so if u give an example like MSI card the X TRIO which is priced at 750$ MSRP now , does he basicly pay that only for the card or he pays more.

I see thx for ur response , so well then since its no where near 25% , can u explain to me plz smthing ....... if the importer get the cards anyways from the US to Egypt is he 100% paying a percentage sales tax as a busisness dealer and importer and if so if u give an example like MSI card the X TRIO which is priced at 750$ MSRP now , does he basicly pay that only for the card or he pays more.
Consumer taxes and duties are different to commercial taxes and duties. Anyone importing into Egypt would need to research local duties and taxes. This also won’t include any possible additional shipping fees. However I’d expect companies in Egypt to receive the good not via the US but that is a guess.