Nvidia beening attacking even more !!!

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well from [H]ard|ocp's Computex review i found this:

SiS also is entering the Vid Card market with their SiS315 chipset. They surprised me by showing off specs for the 256-bit 3D graphics technology including Hardware T&L, AGP 4X, "Hyper FSAA", and a DDR memory bus capable of supporting 5.4GB/s of bandwidth.
<A HREF="http://www.hardocp.com/articles/computex_2001/notes/index3.html" target="_new">http://www.hardocp.com/articles/computex_2001/notes/index3.html</A>

Oh no !!! will i guess the Radoen LE, Blade XP, Kyro, SiS 315 vs. GF2 MX, mx200, mx400. What a GF3 MX guess what the Radeon2 LE would whip it. Radeon2, kyro3 vs. GF3 sorry nvidia must think there so bad getting attacked everywhere. GF3 ultra out of no where well the Radeon 2 MAXX will show it who is boss. GF3 Quadro will the ATi FireGL 4 will put it in its place.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Hey hey, slow down! Your talking all over the place.

Your also speaking of Non-existant cards. There is no Radeon2 Kyro3 GF3MX or Blade XP2 out just yet. Just settle down and wait till we see some of these cards. Then you can rant and rave all you want.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well here is the Blade XP card:

<A HREF="http://www.inno3d.com/product_bladexp128.html" target="_new">http://www.inno3d.com/product_bladexp128.html</A>

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
This card is nothing to fear. It's dual head for one. It has a 166Mhz SDRam speed. I dont know if this is correct but the chip is a blazing 166Mhz. This card is more of a shot at Matrox, Radeon AIW and LE cards. If the price is good this will make a decent onboard card, or lowend graphics solution. But in a month or two this card should be left in the dust. But it looks like a good attempt. Hopefully they have something else in the works.

<A HREF="http://www.tridentmicro.com/videcomm/tridproducts/BladeXP_ProductBrief.pdf" target="_new">TridentBladeXP</A>

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Radeon LE and AIW are the 32mb DDR (well the LE is after a hack and overclock). Well isn't the 32mb DDR on the GF2 GTS level.

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Actually I should have said the VE card. This one is a Dual head like the VE. This card has a DVI connector for flat panel monitors, and dual head, much like the Radeon VE. I dont think it's aimed at the performance market. For a dual head card it looks pretty good. I just dont see how a SDR card is going to outperform a DDR card. Unless it's a Tile renderer like the Kyro, it'll get beaten by a hacked LE, GTS, and probably the AIW.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
you have something against kyro cards i see.

Well you nvidia loving days are over the Radeon 2 will show you want a power user is.

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Can you give me info on max core.
If am right it run at 400 mghz.The site was taking about a dual config.They have explain the radeon 2 in 2 line.

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Actually I gave credit to the Kyro Card. I stated that unless the Trident card is a Tile Renderer like a Kyro it cannot keep up with the faster clocked DDR cards.

OzzieBloke

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2001
Mate, did you have to go to tool university for a four year Masters degree or something? Because I find it hard to believe that someone can be that much of a tool based soley on natural talent.

Cow with legs spread wide either dead or playing 'cello.

G

What is a dual head, and how many heads do the high end cards have?

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Dual head is the ability to output to two separate monitors at once. Most high end Gaming cards do not have this ability. It would put the cost through the roof.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Supponsely all of the ATIs new Radeon2 chips will be hyraVision capable. Being implemented I have no idea except now other manufacturers can chooose and pick their options with ATI. I just hope ATI opens up the Retail market to other manufactures like Hercules for one. ATI is getting more appealing as time goes on due to not only the high quality 3d but also the video capability. HDTVs make a tremendous compliment to a computer for doing video work, watching videos as well as playing high resolution gaming. ATI is in a much better position then anybody else to take advantage of that. HDTVs in the U.S. are rapidly coming down in price. Still kinda high but no where near the price last year. My next major upgrade will probably incorporate a HDTV monitor. I can get a 61" projection HDTV for less then $2500. ATI's new Firewire IEEE1394 interface is interesting, I hope the new Radeon2 All-In-wonder incorporates the firewire interface for digital cameras as well as for digital video cameras. Plus a HDTV turner would also be very interesting and unique combo as well. HydraVision on the Radeon2 would allow the video output and the VGA output to be able to be used at the same time, so I expect ATI's higher end cards with video out to also be HydraVision capable. Lets hope ATI with the video out models includes a component output for using a HDTV set.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 06/13/01 02:40 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Or two VGA outputs with a conversion cable for component output on either one, nice.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
At cirucit city I notice new stuff from Intel, remote Intel keyboard, remote Intel mouse, remote Intel game pad and a few other items. <b>C :cool: :cool: L</b>, who says gaming on a HDTV isn't possible? Browsing the web in your recliner would also be very cool.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well i just picked up the mouse and keyboard today sweet buy with my 2 month old intel mp3 player. Intel does make some good stuff besides processors.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I'am jealous now, I won't talk to you no more, just kidding. Is it the remote versions? How does it work?