Nvidia Branded Video Cards Only Sold in Best Buy

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that want to avoid Foxconn, don't buy a Iphone or an Ipod. Apple is an American brand that outsources production to the ninth biggest electronics company in the world (Foxconn) because it is cheaper to produce in China.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]spectrewind[/nom]I once heard a manager in an Oregon store say that they would be willing to pull the side off a PC case, pee inside it, and charge for it, if that were a service people would pay for.[/citation]

Anyone would offer to DO THAT... wouldn't you?

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

Watching AMD make and show a single commercial in the US about itself would probably confuse people.
"What the hell, did AMD just start in the market recently?"
Although, most stores seem to have laptops and desktops with Athlon processors.

dustcrusher

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
[citation][nom]aevm[/nom]Now, I'm not really defending BestBuy. I only buy stuff there during Boxing Week sales, when they do sometimes beat the online retailers by a nice margin.[/citation]

How is Best Buy's record lately? Do they usually get KO'd by the online retailers? Makes sense that Best Buy would have to go the distance and win by decision to stand a chance, with the reach disadvantage and the extra weight and all...

...sorry, I know what Boxing Day is, but I couldn't resist.

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
The thinking behind this is that the majority of U.S. computer enthusiasts who know what sort of video card they want end up buying from an online source. Those who don't know what they want may just go into Best Buy and pick up a box with a name that they are familiar with.

Sounds reasonable to me.

G

Wasn't this one of the mistakes that 3dfx made. Why would any other company want to use their chips and go head to head with the chip maker who is getting the chips at cost with the royalty to pay. They will just flock to AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.