News Nvidia Broadcast Tested: No More Embarrassing Noises

Zeruel23

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Will it also work just fine on GTX cards like RTX Voice does after simply removing a single line from the config file before the install? (The one where it specifically looks for an RTX GPU and will throw a fit if it can't find one.)

I have been running RTX Voice on my GTX 1080 ever since RTX Voice was released. Works great too, I have to give them that.
Of course it doesn't have the fancy green screen effects this new features does, but even Zoom can do some of that (with varying success) withouth being tied to a specific GPU maker.

Still a <Mod Edit> move by Nvidia and before anyone gets too upset, I've been Team Green (strictly for GPU) ever since my first 8800 GT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shadowclash10

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
This is great! RTX Voice was pretty neat, but this is the next tier. Sadly, AMD hasn't said they have anything up their sleeve like this.

Will it also work just fine on GTX cards like RTX Voice does after simply removing a single line from the config file before the install? (The one where it specifically looks for an RTX GPU and will throw a fit if it can't find one.)

I have been running RTX Voice on my GTX 1080 ever since RTX Voice was released. Works great too, I have to give them that.
Of course it doesn't have the fancy green screen effects this new features does, but even Zoom can do some of that (with varying success) withouth being tied to a specific GPU maker.

Still a <Mod Edit> move by Nvidia and before anyone gets too upset, I've been Team Green (strictly for GPU) ever since my first 8800 GT.
The question is really whether Broadcast is using the tensor cores, or if it's just using CUDA cores. The latter should run just fine on GTX cards, but if it's using tensor (and actually needs the FP16 performance that brings to bear), RTX is required. Nvidia hasn't stated whether it's using tensor cores, but it does advertise the software as RTX-only.

Zeruel23

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
The question is really whether Broadcast is using the tensor cores, or if it's just using CUDA cores. The latter should run just fine on GTX cards, but if it's using tensor (and actually needs the FP16 performance that brings to bear), RTX is required. Nvidia hasn't stated whether it's using tensor cores, but it does advertise the software as RTX-only.

That was my (foul-mouthed) point. They did the same thing when RTX Voice was released and the install would fail on GTX cards because they were supposedly unsupported.
It turned out that the installer was actively checking for an RTX card in the system and would fail if it didn't find one.
So far so understandable, if it was really relying on the tensor cores to work its magic.
What irked me and others however was the fact, that the install completed just fine, if that check was removed from the install config and RTX Voice is fully functional on GTX cards.

Sep 17, 2020
Is there a special driver needed? I have a 2080 with the latest game ready driver installed. The broadcast install fails saying I need an R455 driver or higher............

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020

Hmm. Doesn't seem to be a 2060S driver called R455. Just Game Ready drivers and Studio ones. Besides, I should have the latest one anyway.

Found it under notebook. But it installed fine, allowing the Broadcast install.

What exact GPU do you have? Cause I can't seem to find the right driver in either the RTX section or the RTX laptop section.

EDIT: I've been using Geforce Experience for my drivers - and the drivers just came out. Actually, I could see the right drivers on the website, I just assumed I had those latest ones installed 🤦‍♂. Should work now!

Last edited:
Hmm. Doesn't seem to be a 2060S driver called R455. Just Game Ready drivers and Studio ones. Besides, I should have the latest one anyway.

What exact GPU do you have? Cause I can't seem to find the right driver in either the RTX section or the RTX laptop section.

EDIT: I've been using Geforce Experience for my drivers - and the drivers just came out. Actually, I could see the right drivers on the website, I just assumed I had those latest ones installed 🤦‍♂️. Should work now!
Yeah, press got the 456.16 drivers last week. Public availability was for the 3080 official launch today.

Sep 17, 2020

EDIT: I've been using Geforce Experience for my drivers - and the drivers just came out. Actually, I could see the right drivers on the website, I just assumed I had those latest ones installed 🤦‍♂️. Should work now!
It hadnt updated on experience yet but I found it on the website under 20 series notebook. After I installed it updated on experience right after.