Nvidia Bundles 'Witcher 3,' 'Batman: Arkham Knight' With GTX 900-Series GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Nvidia is quite afraid of the impending R9 300 series. If the leaks are remotely accurate, it looks like AMD's flagship card is going to beat the titan x by a decent amount and will be much cheaper.

It's also likely that AMD will do another Never Settle Bundle, so I would wait.

Both of these games are co-developed with Nvidia and feature the company's GameWorks enhancements, which makes the games look and run better on Nvidia cards.
Nope, they just run worse on AMD's.

You are pretty close with this one. I think you meant that GameWorks makes the game run poor on all cards and even worse on AMD. If the past games are anything to go by, Nvidia needs to hire competent engineers that actually know what optimization is.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Why is this news on a page like this ? It`s advertising for Nvidia in a tech news page ... you could put their logo next to your website [strike]Toms[/strike](nvidia)hardware.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

Pretty funny, but doubtful on the fear side. Nvidia has nearly 75% market share last I checked and continue to maintain that edge with just this type of promotion. It's fantastic brand marketing and awareness - not fear. Love Green or hate Green, but they do know what they are doing over there.

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Looks like Nvidia is quite afraid of the impending R9 300 series. If the leaks are remotely accurate, it looks like AMD's flagship card is going to beat the titan x by a decent amount and will be much cheaper.

AMD was suppose to release a chip that beats Intel and a GPU that beats nVidia about 10 years ago and they still have not done so.

One way or another they fall short.

popatim

Titan
I literally just bought a GTX 980, is there any way I can get Arkham Knight?

Contact the vendor your your games code, they should be able to send you it free.
The same thing happened to me with my 970, a week later there were free games with it and Newegg quickly shipped out the game codes info after I talked to their support. they dont want you returning the card just to buy it again so its in everyones benefit to do things like that. Happy customers will buy their products again :)

dodt911

Reputable
Mar 10, 2015
I luckily bought mine from Newegg...I sent them an email a few minutes ago. Hopefully they'll be cool about it. Thanks for the info.

Maybe because the 900 series is about 6 months old and the 200 series almost a year and a half?

Don't worry, Nvidia will fall back to second after the arrival of the 300 series.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

I suppose if the absolute fastest really matters to you (which it clearly doesn't to over 70% of the market place.) AMD will always run second.

John Fanboy 50

Reputable
May 6, 2015

I suppose if the absolute fastest really matters to you (which it clearly doesn't to over 70% of the market place.) AMD will always run second.

dont worry nvidia has about a year to catch up thats why there hurrying out the gtx (overclocked edition) series, see how long nvidia plays catchup then, when you keep comparing with the old tech.

stoned_ritual

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
Time to upgrade, methinks. I had planned on waiting for the batman game to go on a huge steam sale after I heard about the $40 worth of dlc. But if I can get the base game with a new GPU...

obababoy

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

Nvidia is not afraid. They are getting more Nvidia cards in peoples hands which will help them. It is a smart business decision and a fantastic deal for consumers!

I hope the AMD card blows the competition away, but Never Settle is kinda weak and the 300 series is still speculation.

I would rather support AMD as well but Never Settle bundles are just ok. The games are rarely AAA and have never been as exciting as Batman or Witcher 3.

Why is this news on a page like this ? It`s advertising for Nvidia in a tech news page ... you could put their logo next to your website [strike]Toms[/strike](nvidia)hardware.

This is a great deal and has nothing to do with green or red. This is tech news! Even as an AMD fan I can appreciate a great deal when I see one and Toms would be dumb to not post this like EVERY other tech site has done this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.