Nvidia CEO Launches Tegra 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Ahhhhhhh! I just bought a damn Zune HD! I can only imagine that they will be making another one. Ugh. I just read also that the Tegra has the ability to process image information up to 12MP. So, will there be a Zune HD 2? Probably. I can never win.

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Good stuff tho, coupled with an OLED screen we'll see some great battery life. Just imagine the giant netbook sized 'phones' that will spawn from this tech.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]festerovic[/nom]500mW is pretty remarkable. Curious what kind of things this can pull off.[/citation]
Me too.
[citation][nom]rbarone69[/nom]Good stuff tho, coupled with an OLED screen we'll see some great battery life. Just imagine the giant netbook sized 'phones' that will spawn from this tech.[/citation]
Also hoping for an extremely efficient OLED.
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Ahhhhhhh! I just bought a damn Zune HD! I can only imagine that they will be making another one. Ugh. I just read also that the Tegra has the ability to process image information up to 12MP. So, will there be a Zune HD 2? Probably. I can never win.[/citation]
I'd rather a PSP2 (or PSP N2000), because Sony keeps releasing new PSP's, but hasn't been giving them more horsepower...

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Ahhhhhhh! I just bought a damn Zune HD! I can only imagine that they will be making another one. Ugh. I just read also that the Tegra has the ability to process image information up to 12MP. So, will there be a Zune HD 2? Probably. I can never win.[/citation]
You never can in technology, it changes too quickly!

oam_75

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
there are many solar panels smaller than a "netbooks" cover that can produce 1-1.5 Watts. With the processor consuming just 500mW, I am wondering if a solar or even a hybrid systems could result in netbooks with solar panels on the opposite side of the screen that could work for extended times (few days?) without the need to be recharged.

kravmaga

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
[citation][nom]oam_75[/nom]there are many solar panels smaller than a "netbooks" cover that can produce 1-1.5 Watts. With the processor consuming just 500mW, I am wondering if a solar or even a hybrid systems could result in netbooks with solar panels on the opposite side of the screen that could work for extended times (few days?) without the need to be recharged.[/citation]

Dc-dc converters aren't 100% efficient even at low power. In addition to that, assuming you'll be using the machine's battery as buffer, charging it using a small solar panel going in and out of threshold while you're drawing from it is also far from a 100% efficient transfer.

I think you're onto something really really interesting and good, though but you're really going to have to lower your expectations as technology is today. Realistically, the additional cost won't be worth the marginal increase in runtime, BUT embedding a solar charger on the cover of a small netbook would be a niche device for people away from an outlet for extended periods.
I'd buy one.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]djcoolmasterx[/nom]But can it play...Crysis?[/citation]

YES!!!

800x600 at LOWEST POSSIBLE SETTINGS.

Pretty much ANYTHING compatible with SM2.0 can run Crysis. It's not that much of a demanding game.... it's like Far Cry 1 on medium/high settings.

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
[citation][nom]idisarmu[/nom]YES!!!800x600 at LOWEST POSSIBLE SETTINGS.Pretty much ANYTHING compatible with SM2.0 can run Crysis. It's not that much of a demanding game.... it's like Far Cry 1 on medium/high settings.[/citation]

Yippppppeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
I know what you mean... JUST got a Zune HD for chrismas. So pissed :p

G

Tegra is so much better than Atom. The only thing Atom has is x86(and therefore Windows) compatibility. Since Intel is pushing Moblin Linux, they're going to wind up pushing Linux to other architectures like Tegra, then everybody is going to realize that Atom sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS