Nvidia CEO Talks Fermi Shortages, But Feels Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I really hope they are dedicating resources (ie some good engineers) to the manufacturing process. Nvidia can't be a big player in the desktop graphics sector if they can't efficiently produce their own hardware.

For the consumer's sake, I hope Nvidia pulls through strong. Competition is key for us (the consumers). ATI has done a great job with their latest cards, but we need someone to challenge them and challenge them good.

As for fanboy rigs go I got all 3 of them that is right one ATI rig that a I use daily as a workstation while a Nvidia setup with dual 9800gt in sli on a xfx 780i. The third isn't what most expect its a 3DFX glide box with a voodoo5 5500 which is required if one wants to enjoy the classics of the 90s with out being in software mode.

The song to be playing now about Fermi is Nearer My God To Thee. If Nvidia doesn't pull it around later this generation and next generation it will not be around for much longer before being bought up and operated by someone else.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]You'd think after the 20000th Launch-shortage that they'd have learned by now.....[/citation]
Naw i think ati and nvidia go for the shortage just to make demand for their cards last longer at higher levels.
Conspiracy!

TomD_1

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
"the next manufacturing transition that it expects to occur in 18 months."

So thats gtx 580 in 18 months? surely ati will be close to releasing HD7000 series cards by then?

trinix

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2007
"Huang blames some of the criticism on the fact that Nvidia didn't give reviewers enough time to evaluate the product"

They would have had their reviews done last year but they couldn't get their hands on the green cards. All they could get was red.

And in 18 months the next die shrink will take place for nvidia. The gt5 or gt6 series (never know with nvidia) will be 40nm. No shrink there, so it should be released within 18 months, I hope for them.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I need to start saving some of this spin to a file somewhere.

I don't know if it'll be as funny ten years down the road as it is now, but it's really good right now!

Swindez95

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
[citation][nom]TomD_1[/nom]"the next manufacturing transition that it expects to occur in 18 months."So thats gtx 580 in 18 months? surely ati will be close to releasing HD7000 series cards by then?[/citation]

If Nvidia is seriously looking at 18 months for their next product to hit the market, ATI is going to run away with the ball since there is already talks of their next line-up within the next 12 months or less along with the strong lead they already have over Nvidia having had their HD5000's out for so long. Seriously Nvidia better be hoping to take the CUDA world by storm because at present rate, they have failed the graphics/rendering race by far.

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
who cares if he feels good?
get them cheaper..everyone knows we need the competition for ATi, or they'll end up just like nVidia when they had the monopoly

G

Worst CEO I've seen. Second only to AMD's previous blunder, Ruiz. He's going to drive this company into the ground. All ego, no results. If the board had any clue they would drop him, just like I did with my Nvidia shares.

Status
Not open for further replies.