[SOLVED] Nvidia container writing alot to ssd in a short span

Jul 8, 2021
greetings. i have a Kingston SSD (ssd 1) which i noticed its health dropping from 98% to 96 in less than a week. i installed HD sentinel to see what's the problem and noticed my 3 months old SSD lifetime writes went from 5TB to 7TB in less than a week. its the drive that windows is installed to but no heavy operations were done it. i checked the I/O writes with task manager and after a restart nv container was at 17Gb of written bytes after around 5 to 10 minutes and only increasing. any idea why/ what to do? i disabled GeForce overlay and the container from task manager but i really like their filters since reshade is not available for all games. thanks

specs: Intel i7-10750h GTX 1660ti mobile 16GB ram
SSD1: kingston om 500GB
SSD2: kingston a400 480 GB

Solution
sounds like there may be some kind of recording or streaming option enabled that you may not be aware of.
are there large amounts of files being created somewhere or just accessing the disk temporarily?

not sure how the overlay software works in regards to using reshade like options but it could also be unpacking and loading samples for use in games and constantly using disk space.
sounds like there may be some kind of recording or streaming option enabled that you may not be aware of.
are there large amounts of files being created somewhere or just accessing the disk temporarily?

not sure how the overlay software works in regards to using reshade like options but it could also be unpacking and loading samples for use in games and constantly using disk space.

Solution
Jul 8, 2021

Im not sure how to find if its actually writing data or not but will check. Thanks