Nvidia Control Panel Freezing

Nov 27, 2017
Nvidia Control Panel used to act normal until it then would freeze upon applying changes (should be normal since I’m changing display settings).

However now as of last night whenever I go to open the Control Panel it freezes my computer until it opens (5-10 seconds). Then whenever I go into any of the settings under display it takes forever to load upwards of minutes and even when it loads it’ll do it again if I try to edit a setting.

Eventually I’ll have to hard shutdown my PC since it’s nearly impossible to get out of after the freezing starts.

Here’s the steps I’ve taken so far:

-Downloaded Display Driver Uninstaller and ran it

-Downloaded latest drivers

-Checked all Nvidia services to make sure they’re running

-Contacted Nvidia Support (which prompted the same responses)

I’m hoping someone has a answer to this as I can’t find any info around the internet on this specific issue except for one post on here that was never answered.

I am at work but system specs are:

I5-6600k
16 GB DDR4 2133
MSI GTX 1070
MSI Z170A Sli Plus
Corsair 850 Watt PSU

This doesn’t cause any issues with my PC anywhere else but since my display settings are fine tuned within the Nvidia Control Panel if it was to revert to default I wouldn’t be able to edit them back.

Nov 27, 2017

Alright when I get home I'll give it another go on the uninstaller. Only thing differently is I haven't installed it without Geforce Experience yet so maybe there's just an issue there.

I've had my CPU overclocked since the computer was built and haven't had any issues with my temps normal.

Thanks for your help, I'll try it when I get home from work and will post back here with the results.