RtooDtu

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
I have 3 monitors, a old ultrawide 1080p (connected by DP), a LG 27" 1440p (connected by DP) and a LG BX OLED (connected my HDMI 2.1). Whenever I reboot my PC both my 27" and OLED are disabled. For the past month I would go into my Display settings and Extend the display to get them to work, with the 27" extending worked every time, on the first try, but with my OLED I would have to repeatedly spam Extend/Duplicate for the OLED to connect (this is how looks on boot View: https://i.imgur.com/eHE79bW.jpg
)

Yesterday someone told me how you can setup multiple displays in Nvidia Control Panel so I did and it worked PERFECTLY I honestly thought it solved my issue (I was able to restart my PC 6 times without issue and I allowed my PC to go to sleep and wakeup without issue). So I turned off my PC over night and when I started this morning the issue RETURNED. I am so frustrated with this I'm at my wits end. Even now when I check the box to enable the OLED my monitors will flash then windows asks me if I want to keep the changes but the OLED isn't enabled

What have I done?

Turn off fast boot
Uninstalled and reinstalled Nvidia drivers (using DDU)
Uninstalled and reinstalled win10

PLEASE Help!

The problem may lie with your monitors, your cables or even the GPU. Start by trying different cables, search if there is a firmware update for each monitor and if possible, try another GPU in your system and see if it still happens.

RtooDtu

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
The problem may lie with your monitors, your cables or even the GPU. Start by trying different cables, search if there is a firmware update for each monitor and if possible, try another GPU in your system and see if it still happens.
I bought a new HDMI 2.1 cable, same issues. I used my HDMI 2.1 with my 27" monitor and no issues. The issue isn't the cable since I can get the OLED to work it is just frustrating since I have to spam "Extend desktop"

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS