Nvidia Control Panel vs In-game Settings

Man_of_Steel_84

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015
I was wondering if I set 16x AF globally in the Nvidia Control Panel, will I need to disable the in-game AF setting or should that be left to 16x also? Also is the FPS limiter better to use than adaptive vsync or vsync in general?

Solution
Usually the in-game vysnc works so I use that but I guess yes you can force it on if you wanted to via the control panel and use the manufacturers vysnc setting but don't forget to turn on triple buffering.

I only use the control panel vysnc in games that don't have it like the original doom 3, thief and so on.

Adaptive vysnc is for games your having trouble staying 60fps at. When your at 60fps it turns on vysnc to stop tearing and when you go below 60fps drastically it disables vysnc to remove bad mouse movement and stutter but you may experience some screen tearing but not always.

Just use the basic vysnc in-game or force it on in the vysnc section in the control panel and click the 'on' setting.

Hope this helps
-FPS limiter just limits your frame rate if you are getting to much screen tearing or coil whine (GPU making to many frames and in so makes the coils 'whine')
-Vsync caps your frames and syncs them with your monitors refresh rate to remove screen tearing but you get a slight input lag but I have never felt it.

Yes you can use the control panel to makes games look that little bit better but I use it mostly on really old games like bioshock and when I play hearthstone to get rid of the awful jaggies on the cards. Also some games do not allow the control panel to override its settings as it see's it as an intruder editing its game files.

If your going to use antialiasing don't forget to click the overdrive application settings in the FXAA settings
Also there in a power management setting that you can tell to use full power to boost your card a bit 'prefer performance' I think the option was call under power management.

Hope this helps

Well whenever I have tried to use fps limiter I got tearing. Anyway vysncing fps will easie the strain off your GPU as it will only make the required frames so that would be for most people 60 Frames Per Second

Usually the in-game vysnc works so I use that but I guess yes you can force it on if you wanted to via the control panel and use the manufacturers vysnc setting but don't forget to turn on triple buffering.

I only use the control panel vysnc in games that don't have it like the original doom 3, thief and so on.

Adaptive vysnc is for games your having trouble staying 60fps at. When your at 60fps it turns on vysnc to stop tearing and when you go below 60fps drastically it disables vysnc to remove bad mouse movement and stutter but you may experience some screen tearing but not always.

Just use the basic vysnc in-game or force it on in the vysnc section in the control panel and click the 'on' setting.

Hope this helps

Solution