Feb 20, 2019
So i just got my new pc and wanted to activate gsync, but i wont can't find nvidia controll panel!!!

It wont appear when i right click on start, its not in programs.

but in my lower right side of the windows start/home (where the time is etc) i can find the controll panel symbol. But when i press on it nothing happens. And i have tried to dowload the latest geforce experience drivers but nothing work.

I have tried to follow tutorials on YouTube but nothing worked.

gtx 1070 ti, i5-9600k, z390-h mb

Solution
I'm glad the driver is working better, but I'm a bit stumped. The setup should install the NVIDIA Control Panel. As far I know, you can't download the Control Panel separately from the driver so there is no extra download link.

Since you reinstalled the driver, have you checked the Windows Control Panel again? (Run control.exe as explained above).

Apparently you are not alone. There's 2 other posts here within the last few days. You've already seen this one:

Here's another:

This could mean there's a problem with the latest version of the driver...

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, press Win+R to open the Run dialog. Type in control.exe and press OK. This will bring up the old Control Panel. Click on View by and choose Small icons. Do you see the NVIDIA Control Panel listed in there?

If so, open it. From the Desktop menu in the NVIDIA Control Panel, you might find an option to add it to the Desktop Context menu (which is your Desktop / right click menu). So check that option.

If you don't see it, you might want to download both DDU and the latest driver. DDU is a Display Driver Uninstall utility that removes all traces of the driver. Reboot into Safe mode and run DDU. Reboot into normal mode and install the driver. Full instructions can be found here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Also, for me, I found the NVIDIA Control Panel executable here:
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client\nvcplui.exe
which you can run by using the Run dialog.

Feb 20, 2019
Hi, press Win+R to open the Run dialog. Type in control.exe and press OK. This will bring up the old Control Panel. Click on View by and choose Small icons. Do you see the NVIDIA Control Panel listed in there?

If so, open it. From the Desktop menu in the NVIDIA Control Panel, you might find an option to add it to the Desktop Context menu (which is your Desktop / right click menu). So check that option.

If you don't see it, you might want to download both DDU and the latest driver. DDU is a Display Driver Uninstall utility that removes all traces of the driver. Reboot into Safe mode and run DDU. Reboot into normal mode and install the driver. Full instructions can be found here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Also, for me, I found the NVIDIA Control Panel executable here:
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client\nvcplui.exe
which you can run by using the Run dialog.
So neither was it listed in controll panel or in the location you mentioned. So i dowloaded the new driver and used DDU. Now the drivers got correctly installed and it works now better than ever.

But now when i go to the location you mentioned (Control panel client) that before did not even exist is empty. Is there a different way to dowload nvidia contoll pane, as i still cant find it.

and there pops up a notification to configure g synck in the notification in bottom right corner. When i press it it just disappears.

I really appreciate the help you given.

so is there a link somewehe to townload nvidia controll panel?

gardenman

Splendid
I'm glad the driver is working better, but I'm a bit stumped. The setup should install the NVIDIA Control Panel. As far I know, you can't download the Control Panel separately from the driver so there is no extra download link.

Since you reinstalled the driver, have you checked the Windows Control Panel again? (Run control.exe as explained above).

Apparently you are not alone. There's 2 other posts here within the last few days. You've already seen this one:

Here's another:

This could mean there's a problem with the latest version of the driver. Maybe try a slightly older version to see if that helps.

Here's a few more ideas, some dated back to 2017 that might help:
To me, it sounds like the setup is not installing all of the correct files. So look at the answer provided by MurdoD on Page 3.

Feb 20, 2019

Here's another:

This could mean there's a problem with the latest version of the driver. Maybe try a slightly older version to see if that helps.

Here's a few more ideas, some dated back to 2017 that might help:
To me, it sounds like the setup is not installing all of the correct files. So look at the answer provided by MurdoD on Page 3.

So i dowloaded older versions of the driver and did the DDU, but it did not want to dowload the older version (391.35). So then i did the DDU again and proseeded to just dowlad the latest as i the firs time did. But when i doeloaded it it would ask me to dowload the recommended version or "advanced"

Then i put the cross on the box where it says that it will restore all setting and remove all older profiles.

AND NOW THE CONTROLL PANEL WORK!!!!!! It is now located in right click in homescreen !!!

Thank you for helping me with this! Now it finally works

Plz share this further as many people will struggle in the future with this!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS