Nvidia corrupt driver

HankMoler

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hello, I have been trying to solve this problem for quite some time, and apparently nobody else has the same issue so I thought maybe someone here could help me. So I bought this Gigabyte 660 for Christmas, and for the first three days everything was perfect, no lag in games, no glitches or nothing, but then out of nothing when playing games the screen went black for some seconds then it switched back on. But after the first week when playing Fable 3 the computer screen went black, I thought it was normal, but after 20 minutes nothing happened. After that every time I try to turn the PC on it either gives me a black screen from the beginning or a one color screen after 2 minutes.

The only way I can get the PC working is in Safe Mode, or without the Nvidia drivers. I even installed Windows 7 to see if it could help, but again as soon as I install the drivers the computer freezes with its one color screen. I have checked everything, changed fan positions, cleaning hardware, changing software, using old drivers, nothing helps. Maybe someone could help me solve this because it is driving me nuts and I really dont want to give up on this card.

This are my specs

DH61WW Intel Motherboard

8 Gigabytes of RAM (Crossfire)

Mushkin 800 Watt Power Supply

250 Gigabytes Hitachi HDD

Gigabyte GTX 660 OC Windforce

I would really appreciate any help or guidance you guys could give me.

EzioAs

Distinguished
Did you download the latest drivers from Nvidia's website? Since the problem couldn't be solved even after reinstalling windows (it's a clean installation right?), I think it's safe to assume you have a defective card. I suggest you RMA it and get the same one if you really like the Gigabyte Windforce.