Nvidia disaster

waynerichy09

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
hi everyone, i really need help from anyone who is really good with computers.... i have a Nvidia GeForce 9600gt overclocked graphics card that has been working fine for the past 8 months only yesterday i started getting no signal through my monitor 22"LCD. I have uninstalled Nvidia drivers in safe mode then re-installed the drivers still nothing, by the way i have been using DVI-VGA but now i am using only VGA-VGA, when i go to computer management,device manager,display adapters it only shows the MOBO's graphics card which is Nvidia GeForce 7050/Nvidia nForce 610i which to be fair is rubbish, when usually it would show MOBO's and MY graphics card. i have done a full windows vista restore totaly wiped everything off my computer, re-installed vista 32bit but still no signal through my graphics card DVI ports (x2). only MOBO's VGA-monitor VGA. This is really starting to piss me right off!!!! i have also used one of my friends graphics card which is also Nvidia but still nothing. When i put the Nvidia installation disk in my DVD drive it loads the disk but when the disk loads it says at the bottom no Nvidia devices found so it cannot locate my graphics card. this is reall starting to be the devil in my life and would like this sorting any help from you fine people would be much appretiated..

waynerichy09

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010

i have turned my PCI-E on in BIOS and still dont get a picture and it still doesnt locate my graphics card anything else you can think of?

waynerichy09

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
i mean i can get a signal when i use VGA-VGA but DVI-VGA is a no go. but it was working fine for the past 8 months so its over my head i havnt got a clue....

Neeseius

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
There's often a choice in the bios named something like 'display first' and you want to set that to PCI-E if it's set to something else. Also try disabling the IGP in the bios like stated previously, and lastly once those setting are configured, try plugging your monitor into all available ports on the back of your card i.e first dvi then vga. try all different configuration. Make sure the power connector is connected to the card as well DOH!

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

check the vid card on your mates compu to rule that out,try monitor and the dvi to vga converter, check power supply next try puting ur vid card on another power supply rail or maybe using those normal power cable to 6 pin adapters instead of the built in one from ur power supplyeven better use another decent p.s., if not that i would probably replace the mother board if those things fail sounds like a cheapy anyways will prob only cost ya 50 bucks a couple of hours at the most

I also suspect your motherboard to be having problems with your PCIe slot. Go test your graphic card at your friend house. You will know for sure if your motherboard have gone mad with these results.

Usually, if something was working well for a good amount of time and something suddenly break, it is usually the motherboard.

RAM do bot suddenly die, a power supply show evident sign of weaknesses, I never seen a cpu going bad without OC and I only lost a single video card.

Can you tell us your specs so we could help you out a little more precisely.

justinxtreme

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
I think it's a motherboard problem. The motherboard's PCI-E slot is defective despite the fact my GPU is recieving power... cause the fan's spinning. Tried my 2x cards on different PCs and it does work but not with my PC

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

just cos a fans spinning doesnt mean ***! havent you ever had a power supply fail about 75% of mine that have failed all the fans still worked etc its just the hardware wont operate cos its not getting the right levels within the preset tolerances so therefore it wont initialise but by saying this im not ruling out your pcix slot just saying rule everything else out first and the p.s. is the first thing i blame