Nvidia Driver Causes No Signal/Black Screen

Croeder

Commendable
May 23, 2016
When I install Nvidia's driver for my GTX 780 I lose signal to my monitor.

However, if I boot into safe mode & uninstall the driver & reboot, I am able to use Windows normally.

I have tried using several versions of the driver and the problem still occurs. I have also tried using DDU in safe mode and reinstalling the driver in normal mode, and the error persists.

The graphics configuration in BIOS is set to PCI-E.

How can I get my graphics card to work?

Hello Croeder

It looks like the default resolution of the NVIDIA driver is exceeding the limit your monitor can handle. Can you please try this:

> Get to Safe Mode.

> Install NVIDIA driver.

> Reduce the resolution a bit (may be 1366 x 768 or something).

> Restart back in Normal Mode and see if the monitor has the display.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!! :)

Croeder

Commendable
May 23, 2016

Hey, so I tried lowering the resolution and I still am receiving no signal while in normal mode. Is there anything else I can do?

Feb 27, 2019
Three years ago I installed Windows 10 Pro on my computer.
Original software, regularly purchased. The computer was simply perfect.
Over time I have received operating system updates (all strictly with high-sounding names) that have literally sunk PC operation.
One of these problems has been, for months, the infamous nvidia black-screen. I do not use programs that require large resources and for this reason, exasperated, I decided to install the original version of Windows 10, that of 2016.

Ladies and gentlemen: the computer works wonderfully now. I had to manually install the printer drivers and scanner and also the video card (nVidia GTX) but everything is perfect. The problem of the black-screen has disappeared and I think I can say that it is not a defect of nvidia but an idiotic way of updating the operating system. I blocked all the updates of Windows 10 (Microsoft can go fuck yourself) by modifying some registry keys and intervening in the group policy. Nothing more is installed on my PC if not the antivirus updates (non-microsoft!) that I install manually every week with one single mouse clic and the nvidia drivers (these are also installed directly by me, not by automated procedures).

It's a small nuisance, I know, but I suggest you do it!

TRENDING THREADS